OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to the season finale, we now know that the Brinks trucks were carrying wooden beams extracted from Smith's Cove!

A strong start to the season but a weak finish ... I am encouraged by the findings though. It will be interesting to continue the explorations next year .
Ha ha... Great money making idea... sell small pieces of wood recovered on OI as souvenirs! $1.00 per piece they will make millions.. I would buy a bit myself...

WOW I cannot believe they took another 22 episodes to find no more evidence of treasure..
That was episode 86. They have found nothing.

Marty just said that the fact that the trees to build the structures in Smiths Cove were cut down 20-30 years pre "money pit" being found is the ONLY THING he has seen that makes him want to continue.

That structure was built at the same time as their was a community in the area. It would of been known what was going on by the locals. OI had people using it at the time.

Well at least it is finished. The Oak Island question has been answered.... It they cannot find it in 86 hours of TV and spending 10s of millions of dollars looking it is not there....

Just give up..

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Oak Island question has been answered.... It they cannot find it in 86 hours of TV and spending 10s of millions of dollars looking it is not there....

Just give up..

Sad but probably the best thing ever said.
I will not commit to watching another season of this.
Might check here for laughs next season.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least it is finished. The Oak Island question has been answered.... It they cannot find it in 86 hours of TV and spending 10s of millions of dollars looking it is not there....

Even I now tend to think that the probability of classic valuable treasure is small. Except that the parchment/purple wood is hard to explain away which implies something more than just industry.

Since there is enough finance via Rick and Marty and/or History Channel viewership, I'm really hoping they go another year. It's still not easy to guess what the structures did - for only 20-30 years prior, if there was some sort of factory / massive structure / clay mining / tar making, people would have known what it was, recalled it and recorded it. And surely the timbers that they're running into now in Smith's Cove would have been below sea level back in the day?

So it still comes back to secrecy and someone was able to do something strange without being permanently recorded. Just to be able to answer some questions would be a huge win at this point, even if the answer is "early talcum powder mining by the Incas" (I just made that up ... maybe they'll call me into the War Room in the 2019 season.).

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just to be able to answer some questions would be a huge win at this point, even if the answer is "early talcum powder mining by the Incas" (I just made that up ... maybe they'll call me into the War Room in the 2019 season.).

Thumbs up to that! I would watch!
Ancient Templar Talcum Mining!

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
How The Theories...Have Come To Sound...Like...Robot's?

Amazing how no one here...is saying ...This!

Last edited:

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one thing we have learned from the show is that NONE of the underground readings regardless of how it is obtained has been accurate.. I hope the news story is true but no way to tell till they dig it up...

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did see a commercial last night watching Forged in Fire about a Digging Deeper episode with Matty.... usually they are review shows to go over this, that or the other. Why would they save this "BIG" find to do after the season finally?

Not too sure on the sonic blasting anyhoot as it was not accurate in the MP and the other area. They looked promising with cave here and a tunnel here and a latrine here and a vault here but all they came across was rocks, dirt and the wild card "sand" that skewed all the data.

So do you guys think the blasting is gonna be more accurate in the swamp?

Do you guys think they really found a ship or a tunnel leading to the MP?

I'm gonna guess no but will watch as I am a sucker for punishment! LOL :occasion14:

TN13

Feb 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the "last episode" was a bit odd in that, unlike previous season finales, there was no mention of what the plan was for the next season, not much of a summary (something this show does every freaking week after every commercial) and no tribute to Dan. But there was no trailer for another episode "next week" nor was there any mention of another Drilling Down.

It's cool they founding something but excuse me for being skeptical when the same team declares a door, stairs, and tunnel that also suggested there were chambers and tunnels the last time they did seismic testing in the money pit area. They turned out to be natural voids in the geology.

They definitely won't be digging up whatever they found in this last coming episode. It will all be a carrot for everyone to tune in next season.

Considering this show's track record, I'm guessing this next episode will be the biggest ruse yet. But tune in to find out!

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, Virginia...There still is a Santa Claus...and its other name is...Flixtor

https://flixtor.to/

Free High Definition for The Curse of Oak Island and Drilling Down...best is no commercials.

Down side...its from the internet so use a good AntiVirus (never had a problem), the show is put on 1 day after airing...use Google Ad Block...enjoy watching this show how it was intended!

thanks - a VERY useful link!
(my wife HATES commercials...!)

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They found an old rotting board and a railroad spike, that they positively identified as come from a Knights Templar Treasure ship....:laughing7:

I wish the RR spikes I dig up have that much significance, too...!
The Oak Island show is just confirming what they already know, deep in their optimistic hearts, that the treasure was used up , likely in the 18th century, and all those wooden structures, other than the flood tunnels, have been used to REMOVE the treasure, and the block pulley, hanging on the tree above a hole- that the kids found, was used to get the stuff to the surface....
Our (single) metal detectorist, Gary, has found all the treasure, so far...,
so it looks like the show (the dig) might end...???

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
I have this for the next episode:

Matty Blake joins the Laginas and members of the Oak Island team in Michigan to hear the results of the seismic testing done in the swamp; the brotherhood of the dig remembers Dan Blankenship.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one thing we have learned from the show is that NONE of the underground readings regardless of how it is obtained has been accurate.. I hope the news story is true but no way to tell till they dig it up...
Yep.. It is pretty hard to believe that someone sailed a ship into the swamp area and sunk it. Then buried it in mud... I to would like it to be something treasure related and significant but I would not be betting any money on it. The odds are in favor of it being a natural phenomena I would think..

cachenut

Jan 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OKAY. Who is dumb enough to build a swamp. Isn't a swamp pretty much useless except for growing gators and snakes. Well not in NS but south. A place to throw your trash but they had the ocean for that. If you want to hide a ship isn't the ocean a lot bigger?

Perhaps maybe it had to do with early flood tunnel work but not as a swamp but as access to ocean water which was blocked off a like coffer dam in preparation. Or was used as an early harbor for smallish boats.

Joe.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My early thinking was that the swamp was made from using that dirt to fill in on top of the Flood tunnel work and Money Pit area to where the original depositors didn't really need to dig deep, just back fill in.... and the swamp was just created from moving it's dirt and left as is....

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
But you're all forgetting something. According to all the other excavations near the coast, the water has risen significantly over the centuries. So what now is swamp would not have been 300+ years ago. Lowland maybe, but not swamp. I think the swamping occurred as the levels rose as did the water table and drainage system (natural) not man made.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions