A strong start - season 6

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My take on the whole Oak Island episodes-------waste of time and other peoples money. Out of six years that the filming has gone on, no serious research has been done by the Laginas. They build a museum to hold all of Zena Halpern's work. Yet they have not searched through all of the military archives, documents and records surely exist either in London, or in Paris or in Canada. yet no serious research has been done, only speculation and ghost hunts. All of their drilling was useless as that whole area had been dug to over 100 feet deep and all the trash and excavation works have been thrown into the hole. I quit watching the show along time ago. The Lagina's even had fake stories on Facebook showing trunks of gold found by them. They found nothing but dirt, rock, sand and timbers from past excavations.Wasted probably $15 Million Dollars and six years of everyone's life that watched the "Curse of Oak Island" Same goes with all the other stupid shows, Aliens and the Curse of the Confederate Gold whatever. History and all the other networks should be ashamed of what they have done for the Almighty Dollar.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They won't IN the cove, but toward the MP the will(I think). As for the dynamite, that was in the 1850's I think.

Thanks for the reply a couple of posts above... busy day today, will have to answer later when I got more time to type it up.

As for the box drains, I am pretty sure at least one or two were using dynamite to try and stop the water. This would severely mess the place up and nothing should be left for remnants. Would like to know how far off shore they were doing this.
I will do some more digging... LOL and typing.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
My take on the whole Oak Island episodes-------waste of time and other peoples money. Out of six years that the filming has gone on, no serious research has been done by the Laginas. They build a museum to hold all of Zena Halpern's work. Yet they have not searched through all of the military archives, documents and records surely exist either in London, or in Paris or in Canada. yet no serious research has been done, only speculation and ghost hunts. All of their drilling was useless as that whole area had been dug to over 100 feet deep and all the trash and excavation works have been thrown into the hole. I quit watching the show along time ago. The Lagina's even had fake stories on Facebook showing trunks of gold found by them. They found nothing but dirt, rock, sand and timbers from past excavations.Wasted probably $15 Million Dollars and six years of everyone's life that watched the "Curse of Oak Island" Same goes with all the other stupid shows, Aliens and the Curse of the Confederate Gold whatever. History and all the other networks should be ashamed of what they have done for the Almighty Dollar.

Very good point, I agree !

CB0B1207-3E69-4D2F-9972-BB9846EE1BFC.gif

dmg2016

Feb 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply a couple of posts above... busy day today, will have to answer later when I got more time to type it up.

As for the box drains, I am pretty sure at least one or two were using dynamite to try and stop the water. This would severely mess the place up and nothing should be left for remnants. Would like to know how far off shore they were doing this.
I will do some more digging... LOL and typing.

1897 – In an attempt to stop the money pit from flooding, a series were charges were set off 50 feet in from the high water mark at Smith’s Cove. (Capt. Welling/Oak Island Treasure Co.)
1909 – The money pit is blasted in order to clear out debris left from previous search attempts (Bowdoin/Old Gold Salvage & Wrecking Company)
1930s – Chappells set off a series of explosions on the beach at Smith’s Cove
1969 – Dan Blankenship uses dynamite at bore hole 10-X

Source: Secret Treasure of Oak Island: The Amazing True Story of a Centuries-Old Treasure Hunt (D'Arcy O'Connor)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to see you show the bro whats what and where it is but I don't think they want to find anything of value. They would first, have to give it up to the Gov and second, their cash cow show would be over. Lose lose for them....
I tend to agree for example - If the dye test really did show the dye coming out in Smiths Cove why did they not simply keep adding dye and dig back the red dye feed to find the "flood tunnel"? Surely this would of been the easiest way to trace the possible link back to the pit....

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this week's show is "digging deeper" - mostly about personalities, but not a bad show. Not much to do with the treasure hunt. The only "reveal" was Matty saying "looking forward to season 7".

Next Tuesday is the season finale.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1897 – In an attempt to stop the money pit from flooding, a series were charges were set off 50 feet in from the high water mark at Smith’s Cove. (Capt. Welling/Oak Island Treasure Co.)
1909 – The money pit is blasted in order to clear out debris left from previous search attempts (Bowdoin/Old Gold Salvage & Wrecking Company)
1930s – Chappells set off a series of explosions on the beach at Smith’s Cove
1969 – Dan Blankenship uses dynamite at bore hole 10-X

Source: Secret Treasure of Oak Island: The Amazing True Story of a Centuries-Old Treasure Hunt (D'Arcy O'Connor)

Good info, thanks! I knew a few used Dynamite to blast in the cove.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chain them, Chain them ��

No it was Jason! LOL too funny!

I tend to agree for example - If the dye test really did show the dye coming out in Smiths Cove why did they not simply keep adding dye and dig back the red dye feed to find the "flood tunnel"? Surely this would of been the easiest way to trace the possible link back to the pit....

We know, they wanna keep the cash cow moo-ing! There are so many things we wonder why they dont follow up to. I think its cause most are dead ends. They like to lead the viewers down what they want us to see and leave us hanging for the week, the month and best of all.... till next season! Curse them!!

So this week's show is "digging deeper" - mostly about personalities, but not a bad show. Not much to do with the treasure hunt. The only "reveal" was Matty saying "looking forward to season 7".

Next Tuesday is the season finale.

2 Diggin Deepers on, both were ok, kinda funny. Matty is amusing for sure. Much enthusiasm!

Bringing in paranormals, they have jumped the shark ��

Best Happy Days episode ever!!!
I do agree but they will do anything on tv nowadays. Dont some people actually watch Kardassians? LOL
Plus that para guy wasn't really that good.

Last edited:

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
oh dear god, when will it end. perhaps, maybe, could it be. this mess will be in reruns forever. aaaahhhhhhhh

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not watched it but this weeks episode was a "special" and not part of the series. It is profiling some of the cast members.

When looking for this weeks episode on the free sites (I always watch the free online version without ads) I could not find it. Still no great loss as I have very little interest in the cast members.

What did strike me is that we are up to episode 86 . And now we have them talking about season 7....

They should rename the show

Endless_Quest_2.png

cachenut

Jan 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh what was it I thought of last night. I am getting old. Oh yes, the description of the failed dig with water rushing in when they neared the treasure pit said their escape was followed by a large explosion underground and a collaspe of the money pit area. Because some searchers really used dynamite perhaps those guys got mad at the pit and blew it up as a last resort triggering the collaspe or else just destroyed the treasure. I have not heard that idea postulated yet.

Joe.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the collaspe or else just destroyed the treasure. I have not heard that idea postulated yet.
A cave in would not destroy gold or other solid artifacts etc. All the holes would of still found evidence of something. NOTHING has been found...

When they drilled the 60 or so small holes (Geo tech pattern drilling) they sent down a metal detecting device in all those holes. No traces of metal were found ...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About three years back they acted like they really found something in the swamp? Why was there never a follow-up? Jumping around like a chicken on a hot tin roof can never find treasure unless by accident?

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About three years back they acted like they really found something in the swamp? Why was there never a follow-up? Jumping around like a chicken on a hot tin roof can never find treasure unless by accident?

Similarly, I barely understand the latest push to inspect the waters on the island perimeter which may have once had wharves. Their last trip out to look at underwater features seemed all but useless since it was illegal to even touch any items.

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011

They found an old rotting board and a railroad spike, that they positively identified as come from a Knights Templar Treasure ship....:laughing7:

cachenut

Jan 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sound slike they are getting ready to stop the show. They seem to be picing stuff from the filing cabinet to creat new shows now. Of course I know there was snow and ice on Oak Island all this time since when September perhaps. Dig a hole is what the new show might be called. If someone did create the swamp I would not be suprised to find a dam built from rocks at the sea side under the mud. Anyway there has been no hype recently on the internet and they keep advertising the civil war gold stories. Alas I think Oak Island has had it.

I am not interested in cw gold stories.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buddy told my boss not to tell anyone.....but near the end of the 2018 season something went down.
He said at night (under the cover of darkness ) 6 brinks trucks were called to the island.....stayed about an hour....
and then all left together ten feet apart.

Thanks to the season finale, we now know that the Brinks trucks were carrying wooden beams extracted from Smith's Cove!

A strong start to the season but a weak finish ... I am encouraged by the findings though. It will be interesting to continue the explorations next year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread