a tale about irish luck( a bit long sorry)

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
hello all went back to my early 1800's site on what has to be the most humid day of the year without rain. I decide un wisely to check an area with alot of poison ivy. like smalltrees some of these things. any way i figure all that potential aggravation got to be hiding something. sure enough i get a deep signal that is bouncing around a bit. clear myself a spot, now the reading is bouncing between penny and half dollar. excactly like lc's i found on earlier hunts. so embark on a excavation to china, i'm down at least 18", to deep try the sides, nope the little devil on shoulder says deeper in the middle so being this invested in dirt, sweat and grumbling, deeper it is. i find what looks like the cap off an old milk can. with nothing buried underneath. an impressive stream of profanity flows out. i look to my right and see that my right arm has been moving back and forth over a raelly nice bunch of poison ivy, try my best to hold off the tide of the rash. 2 days later i have by far the worst case of p.i. that i have ever gotten in my life, do some major scratching, day three the arm starts to swell and you guessed it cellulitus has stopped by to send me off to hospital on sat night at 11pm. thanks for staying with me. to hear the irish luck. the er is empty, im in a bed in about 20 mins, told i may have to stay the night because the little red line is up to my armpit and not so far from my heart. thankfully the antibiotic iv worked red line recedes low grade fever go's down doc smiles and say's i'm going home. who ever heard of an er being empty on sat night around midnight. i guess the kung foo fighters took the day off. busy er means dylan probably still in the hospital thus the irish luck and oh try not to scratch the poison ivy to hard hh hunting to all
dylan

Upvote 0

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Man you got it bad, I must be blessed only time I 'v ever got it was when I was sliding and climbing back up a bank on the brazos to check a Catfish line. I had to go through the stuff twice a day, and finally broke out, gave it to my wife but it only lasted about a week with no bad reactions like that. I am in it all the time but unless I just roll in it It doesent bother me. I hope you recover soon.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:P Yipes! I know that had to be bad! :-\ Glad they got to you promptly, Dylan. I used to never get the stuff, but last year I got a doozy of a case of it on my arm. I have never been so miserable in my life! Glad you're good to go. ;)

Nana :)

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for you bud...I can just look at it and it chases me, lol. I got it real bad once late in the fall back in the late 70's. it had died back to where I didn't know it was there. It was in the edge of a yard at a house that was built in the mid 1860's. I got it from the roots I guess. I found some nice old coins but I had that poison ivy all over me. I wish you the best.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man I can roll in that stuff all day....Glad you're O.K. though...ER empty,now that's a first for me.Take care and HH!!

OP
OP
dgaughan

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
thanks everyone i'm doing much better was taking 8 pills a day there for awhile i was in a little more trouble than i thought

dylan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions