Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Pshhhht! He's a real pirate!:skullflag:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Finders keepers doesn't work anymore.
The police in town here have been known to leave things on the street like brief cases or cars with keys in them
then bust the person that picks it up. Sounds like entrapment but it still goes on.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe he just scammed his investors and never really found anything. That would make a lot more sense. :skullflag:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finders keepers doesn't work anymore.
The police in town here have been known to leave things on the street like brief cases or cars with keys in them
then bust the person that picks it up. Sounds like entrapment but it still goes on.

Your dead wrong about that comment....! And there are MANY others saying nothing also about finds.

I totally get your post... but nobody left me a brief case, a car or anything with a key (:laughing7:) But rest assured "finders keepers" does work for some.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that sunken gold is not going to do him any good in jail. I hope that he rots there for the rest of his life.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Your dead wrong about that comment....! And there are MANY others saying nothing also about finds.

I totally get your post... but nobody left me a brief case, a car or anything with a key (:laughing7:) But rest assured "finders keepers" does work for some.

What I meant is finders keepers doesn't work in the context of what the law determines. The law will decide and there is little one can do if the law determines there is no finders keepers. For some an offer they can't refuse (like finding something intended to entrap) is when problems arise. Problems start when the turtle pokes his head out too far.
Many have no problem of keeping what we find but if it has a whole bunch of value a treasure will bring attention from people trying to get a piece. Best to keep it to yourself. I know that's a lot to ask of people generally. Remember that guy from Philly that found a sack of money that had fallen off a Brinks truck. He couldn't keep quiet.
There is also the problem of what to do with big finds if they are just stumbled upon.
I have thought of problems arising from, for instance, winning the lottery. Many love ya and hate ya at the same time.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far of money fallen of Brinks trucks, the money still belongs to Brinks. Any finder who refused to turn it in to them or the FBI are crooks and belong in jail. As far as the sunken treasures, The treasure hunter have contracts with his investors, and therefore he must abide by them. Shame on him. Let him rot in jail.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What I meant is finders keepers doesn't work in the context of what the law determines. The law will decide and there is little one can do if the law determines there is no finders keepers. For some an offer they can't refuse (like finding something intended to entrap) is when problems arise. Problems start when the turtle pokes his head out too far.
Many have no problem of keeping what we find but if it has a whole bunch of value a treasure will bring attention from people trying to get a piece. Best to keep it to yourself. I know that's a lot to ask of people generally. Remember that guy from Philly that found a sack of money that had fallen off a Brinks truck. He couldn't keep quiet.
There is also the problem of what to do with big finds if they are just stumbled upon.
I have thought of problems arising from, for instance, winning the lottery. Many love ya and hate ya at the same time.

I guess what I was talking about was.... finding something... then saying nothing and NOT involving the "law" what so ever or getting them involved.... especially something 100+ years old of value found underground or under a damn flat rock. Other than "Glory" why would you say anything? :dontknow:

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just don't understand this guys endgame... They will leave him there forever if he doesn't tell where he put the treasure. What the point of having hidden money if you are never getting out of prison to spend it?...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greed will do funny things to the human mind.

His mistake was trying to defraud the investors that made his find possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread