A very unimpressive ring.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Baldingboy and I went on our weekly search for the burried treasure of Swampeast Missouri. BB sat in the passenger side of the car fuming over the way I scared him the last time we hunted together.

We were trying to find a place to hunt, I kept telling BB hunting a Concrete parking lot was NOT the way to go when we drove by a place I had asked from permission to hunt early in the year. Only problem (or good thing) was the house was GONE! They had dozed it to the ground. So we decided it would be worth a look.

After about an hour and a half with nothing but clad and lots of canslaw I told BB we should go somewhere else. He just ignored me and kept digging. I don't think he even realized that I went to the local Sonic and had a burger and rings and then came back. ::)

Anyway we started heading to he car when BB and I both got a good signal. I dug 4 wheats out of a 10 ft square section of ground, two in the same hole! We decided to take a water break and I was heading to the car when I got a good signal in the Copper range. Dug down 8 inches and pulled this ring out. It is made of copper, it has been soldered together so I know it is not a pipe fitting and it is rounded like a ring. As I mentioned in my title this ring is rather unimpressive.

I also found two keys, parts to two hotwheel type cars and lots of junk.

Don't know what the item that has the 8 and the 1/0 on it is.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 5ws.JPG
    5ws.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 774
  • ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 772
  • ring1.JPG
    ring1.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 768
  • cars.JPG
    cars.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 768
  • dkk.JPG
    dkk.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 766
  • keys.JPG
    keys.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 767
  • stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 765
Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Interesting. Nothing impressive but entertaining. ;D Keep at it. The big one will come (at least that's what I keep telling myself). :thumbsup:

Bob

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
ME,
Now that some impressive stuff(except the ring) lol
Was BB wearing his tu-tu?
Joe

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
TN-Joe said:
ME,
Now that some impressive stuff(except the ring) lol
Was BB wearing his tu-tu?
Joe

Joe,

I don't wear tutu's. Mastereagle on the other hand does. Check out the last years T-net hunt pictures. He is in full plumage there. ;D

Baldingboy

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
BB,
I forget quickly. I suffer from CRS.
ME does look cute.lol
Joe

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
You do know that the civil war soldiers
used to wear chep rings while serving.
They kept their nice rings safe at home.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
pffft you just THOUGHT that ring was unimpressive! :tongue3: Surely it has some great history behind it...now if you could just torture it into sharing the history with us we would have it made! :thumbsup: Glad you escaped long enough to get some detecting done!!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Unimpressive? NO WAY!!! That was someone's wedding band, homemade :)...that is awesome. If only that ring could talk! Congrats on your find!

I love the way you both write your adventures, you should truly think about writing a book!!!

Happy Hunting,
Annmarie

R

RUDY2003

Thaat "Unimpressive" copper ring might be the best recovery of the nite....Like Nick said, lots of old wedding rings were copper (cheap) for one reason or another and were handmade. :thumbsup:
Are you gonna try to clean it? The ring I mean....I looked hard but I didn't see a silver dime here... ???

Keep safe...

Keith

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
No silver but 5 wheats, keeping my 5-1 ratio alive. Found a Silver dime on Sunday and Five wheats on Monday, 5-to-1!!

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found acouple of those rings before we call them poor man rings . i think there from the early to mid 1800's ... thats the site dates i found them in .........pine out

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's an OLD ring! I've found a few of those at older home sites. Even if it's not silver or gold, you can bet someone back in the day was probably very upset over loosing it.

It's a keeper! :thumbsup:

Nana :wink:

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds!

I also dug one of those copper rings a while back.

In this shape and finger size they're all finger rings. I don't even know how that pipe fitting thing ever got started.

Some have engraving inside.

These are common finds on CW battlefields due to the time when soldiers weren't permitted to wear gold.

Many poor folks ordered them from the Sears Catalog. They were very common as finger rings.

Those rings are extra great finds, don't let anybody tell you pipe fitting.

HH,

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions