Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, one of the deer hunters reported seeing a mud wallow in the woods, that we have a wild hog back there. He also reported a burnt out area, where the stumps were still smothering. Today, I did my investigation, loaded up my pistol and set out. I found plenty of coyote scat along the roads, the hunters will get them. The burned area is mysterious cause someone was trespassing...we'll catch em.

A few pics to enjoy...

;) RR

Woods1.jpg
The tree has been dead a long time, but it still makes a pretty sight against the blue skies.
Woods2.jpg
A little bit of color
Woods3.jpg
Part of the woods, I just love the smell of pine needles.
Woods4.jpg
The hog wallow I found, still fresh.
Woods5.jpg
He's big.
Woods6.jpg
I tried to get a closer view of the largest cypress tree. It's in the swamp and I did not have on boots. The base is one and spreads to 3. One of the virgin cypress left from the early logging days due to the tree was "no good" for cutting.
Wood7.jpg
The loblolly pine is one of the largest in our area...Forestry dept measured almost 12'

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good pic's, I found a 'hog wallow' this past week in a creek at my buddys deer camp, all our creeks are nearly dry in this area.

Fossis..............

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on the 4-wheeler and the dogs are with me as always. Been here 30 years and seen my 1st coyote last year running across the pasture. There's deer tracks all over the place, not often I see a deer. The sound of the 4-wheeler sends everything running. So I feel pretty safe, I carry the gun to be on the safe side, there's plenty of snakes.

;) RR

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i would carry some rock salt in a 12 gauge for the tresspassers!!
Love your pictures!!!

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Hey RR...remember that big ol' hog that was posted earlier this year? His cousin may be wallowing in that wallow ::)

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
you said a walk i was thinking peacefull and quiet. until you said 4wheeler.ride or walk,lol.just nice to get away

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions