New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
A WARNING FROM POLICE

Date: Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 1:34 PM

A WARNING FROM POLICE
This is the thing these days, with people out of work and needing cash.
Beware, it’s headed your way.
Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public parking area. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the rear window of the car. When I took it off after I got home, it was a receipt for gas.. Luckily my friend told me not to stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the car.. Then we received this email yesterday:
WARNING FROM POLICE
THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN
BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE–NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKING (NOT A JOKE)
Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating.. You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine and shift into reverse..
When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift into Park, unlock your doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.
And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.
So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!
BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.
If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive away. Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women. A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want it to fall into the wrong hands.
Please keep this going and tell all your friends

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoax...I saw this last year...good way to give thieves an idea.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Geez, I should look back sometimes. Drove a few miles to a gas station and while prepaying noticed my tailgate down, tool box and tool tray still setting there all aired out well. :laughing7: Made it fifty miles once with a small fishing tackle box on the bumper of another truck. A similar distance with the kids cat riding where I don't know.
This vehicle is different but most I could leave the key in and people would be tempted to leave a dollar on the seat out of pity rather than steal it.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
another false report from the redster ( course he will say he only posted it)

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
another false report from the redster

If a hoax its still better safe that sorry now isnt it?Care to show me where another socalled false report is of mine.Provide proof.And NO,you thinking it isnt true isnt proof:sign10:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Snopes is a hoax in itself:laughing9:Do yourself a favor dont believe anything thats in snopes:laughing9:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If a hoax its still better safe that sorry now isnt it?Care to show me where another socalled false report is of mine.Provide proof.And NO,you thinking it isnt true isnt proof:sign10:

and you thinking something IS true isn't proof

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what police gave this 'warning'?

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
and you thinking something IS true isn't proof

Nope my instincts and gut feelings are very very very rarely wrong jeff.Call it the next best thing to having ESP.

what police gave this 'warning'?

Dont know it didnt say in the article.I figured I post it because I never read it any place before and its better to be safe than sorry.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok Red, what do your instincts tell you about me? take your time and see if you are right

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Can we notice deliberate diversions before their planned effectiveness?
A noncriminal mind not familiar with one can miss stuff. Literally.
Had what the people who owned a shop I worked at called a con artist stop in.
He worked multiple ploys at different businesses. I made it past his efforts, watched by a back up I'm sure,l.o.l..
Other things happened though to another worker dealing with other folks up to no good.
Diversions,decoys,an organised group effort... Sometimes it is over before anyone gets wind of it. Something not right or unusual like the example of a paper or similar on a vehicle, ehhh if it distracts, could work. A tennis shoe in your driveway maybe takes your eyes of the corners of the house or garage a few seconds too long.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Can we notice deliberate diversions before there planned effectiveness?
A noncriminal mind not familiar with one can miss stuff. Literally.
Had what the people who owned a shop I worked at called a con artist stop in.
He worked multiple ploys at different businesses. I made it past his efforts, watched by a back up I'm sure,l.o.l..
Other things happened though to another worker dealing with other folks up to no good.
Diversions,decoys,an organised group effort... Sometimes it is over before anyone gets wind of it. Something not right or unusual like the example of a paper or similar on a vehicle, ehhh if it distracts, could work. A tennis shoe in your driveway maybe takes your eyes of the corners of the house or garage a few seconds too long.

Yup,not all criminals are stupid,some are far from it.Underestimating somebody is worse than stupid.

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont know it didnt say in the article.I figured I post it because I never read it any place before and its better to be safe than sorry.

It didn't say what police department in the fake warning because it didn't happen. It's a hoax that's been circulating since 2004-05. It's been said to happen in countries around the world because people edit it to serve their purposes.
"Better safe than sorry"? I won't even go into how easy it is to check to see if something might be a hoax before it's posted.

I see hoaxes posted by very intelligent well intentioned people every day, so don't take anything i say personally Red.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok Red, what do your instincts tell you about me? take your time and see if you are right
My instincts say you are going to be the NASCAR champion this year...you've been doing very well. :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those darn police! First they shoot any innocent person they can find, constantly hassle good, conservative, tax-paying citizens just for fun, and now they are spreading false advice trying to keep Red and housewives safe from the very crooks they ignore daily! Amazing. I sure am glad InfoWars is keeping us all informed! :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree! This was happening! I'll try to find the news articles from the area I lived. Maybe it started out as a hoax and gave some guys some new ideas. I would believe that! lol

I agree originally not real.
probably started out as some morons idea for creating an urban legend.
a wanna be car jacker read it online & decided to try it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread