A WARNING FROM POLICE

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You must have missed his later post Jeff

Ok, I just spent all that time trying to prove you guys wrong!! I'm wrong!

I found hundreds of cases of carjackings from that area and not one mentions a note! Everything, from hitting people in the head with guns to shootings, No note stuck to the window!

My dad was security at a mall for a short time and he said these things were happening. I can not find one report or article to prove this. Until I do, I'm going with he either believed the hoax and I believed him. Or it was reported in a different way, so that it didn't scare consumers. SO, It's a hoax and I'm wrong for now!

I'm not saying it couldn't happen. I am saying that from all the research that the hoax rebuking sites i follow have done they have never found one verifiable instance of it happening.

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
If a hoax its still better safe that sorry now isnt it?Care to show me where another socalled false report is of mine.Provide proof.And NO,you thinking it isnt true isnt proof:sign10:

Wow...

You KNOW this isnt the first time you have posted stuff that was later debunked!

Selective memory? Yikes...

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow...

You KNOW this isnt the first time you have posted stuff that was later debunked!

I wont tell you what the only thing you ever debunked was JB:laughing9:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Those darn police! First they shoot any innocent person they can find, constantly hassle good, conservative, tax-paying citizens just for fun, and now they are spreading false advice trying to keep Red and housewives safe from the very crooks they ignore daily! Amazing. I sure am glad InfoWars is keeping us all informed!

Terry its good to see that youre still batting 1000.........Youre wrong:laughing7:

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe the main point of the original post was to be careful, alert, and on guard when out in "public", to help prevent being a victim of any type of crime. Criminals have many devious schemes to take possesions away from the people that worked for them, that earned them, and that deserve them. Several years ago I believe I was targeted for a carjacking, but did not fall for it. I was driving my young daughter through a crime ridden section of east Baltimore, on the way to the Baltimore Zoo. We stopped at a red traffic light and some scum bum in an old car behind us came up and lightly bumped my van from behind. There was no way I was getting out of the van to go look at my back bumper, so that another scum bum can jump into my van and ride off with my daughter. I just sat there waiting for the light to turn green so I could get out of there, when the scum bum bumps into my rear bumper again, this time a little harder. I look around to see if there are any cops or bystanders who see what is happening, because there were a lot of people hanging out on that block, and that is when I notice what I believe was the dude that was prepared to jump in the van, as soon as I got out. Pissed me off that I had my young daughter with me, otherwise I probably would have been up for a little game of demolition derby with them.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, so it's a hoax. The point of the warning should be that you should always be aware of your surroundings....the people near you, the cars near you...anything that appears odd should get your attention. You should operate on the streets the same way a skilled outdoorsman operates in the wild.....as if one mistake can kill you...because it can.
Jim

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe the main point of the original post was to be careful, alert, and on guard when out in "public", to help prevent being a victim of any type of crime. Criminals have many devious schemes to take possesions away from the people that worked for them, that earned them, and that deserve them. Several years ago I believe I was targeted for a carjacking, but did not fall for it. I was driving my young daughter through a crime ridden section of east Baltimore, on the way to the Baltimore Zoo. We stopped at a red traffic light and some scum bum in an old car behind us came up and lightly bumped my van from behind. There was no way I was getting out of the van to go look at my back bumper, so that another scum bum can jump into my van and ride off with my daughter. I just sat there waiting for the light to turn green so I could get out of there, when the scum bum bumps into my rear bumper again, this time a little harder. I look around to see if there are any cops or bystanders who see what is happening, because there were a lot of people hanging out on that block, and that is when I notice what I believe was the dude that was prepared to jump in the van, as soon as I got out. Pissed me off that I had my young daughter with me, otherwise I probably would have been up for a little game of demolition derby with them

Ok, so it's a hoax. The point of the warning should be that you should always be aware of your surroundings....the people near you, the cars near you...anything that appears odd should get your attention. You should operate on the streets the same way a skilled outdoorsman operates in the wild.....as if one mistake can kill you...because it can.
Jim

Here we have it,two guys that know what its all about.:icon_thumright:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember the old 'wallet lying on the sidewalk'? My uncle, back in the 1940s, was walking down the sidewalk. He noticed a wallet by the walk at the end of a board fence. The fence was only about 4 feet tall. He said he didn't really think about anyone hiding behind the fence. He reached for the wallet. He saw someone/something move as he started to straighten up. He quickly stepped back and a man, who was evidently lunging toward him, fell onto the sidewalk. He kicked the man in the head twice and walked away.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't believe Hoaxes & Lies in order to warn people are bright ideas.
even spreading the truth has it's consequences.

I said it before

I'll say it again.

I wonder how many kids tried bath Salts,
after a news station broadcast kids are getting high from it :(

and to get back on subject, I wonder how fast carjackings increased
in some areas after the News spread that the first ever Car Jacking
was reported to the police.

it's called Copy Cats, and all those who spread the stuff
give copy cats their ideas.

yes living in ignorance of allot of things that go on,
Keeps me feeling safe for good reason .
the copy cats are also living in that ignorance

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I really don't believe Hoaxes & Lies in order to warn people are bright ideas.
even spreading the truth has it's consequences.

I said it before

I'll say it again.

I wonder how many kids tried bath Salts,
after a news station broadcast kids are getting high from it :(

and to get back on subject, I wonder how fast carjackings increased
in some areas after the News spread that the first ever Car Jacking
was reported to the police.

it's called Copy Cats, and all those who spread the stuff
give copy cats their ideas.

yes living in ignorance of allot of things that go on,
Keeps me feeling safe for good reason .
the copy cats are also living in that ignorance
Yeah...but the copycats are aggressive, and looking for opportunity...you probably aren't.
Jim

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Red James Cash; Thanks. Great Post. I will let everyone now ok. PEACE:RONB

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It pays to be aware. Thanks for the warning.

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Be aware of your surroundings... sure, that's a good thing. Posting lies and misinformation on the net to/that spread fear and anxiety no matter what the reason is never good. There are enough real reasons to be concerned about the world around us without the fear-mongering bs. Maybe I put to much stock in the truth. I think one of the few times telling a lie is ok is when your better half asks "Does this blouse make me look fat?"

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never, ever, ever answer any question from wife or significant other that begins with the words "does this____ make me look fat....." only do so if you decided you have too much money and need to get rid of a lot of it......

DirtyHowi

Oct 6, 2006
somewhere in the middle of nowhere iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 Thank You Santa :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and whatever you do don't reply with "no honey those pants dont make you look fat, your fat backside makes you look fat", that is of course unless your still sufficiently nimble to duck....bullets....fired from your own weapons.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually drive a pickup. I haul materials at times and have made it a habit to circle truck to make sure all contents are secure before entering vehicle. Safety first, always.
I can see any object on rear window that was unnoticed before entering, a reason to exit vehicle and remove. I doubt this is a hoax. I will mention this to others.
Peace

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Be aware of your surroundings... sure, that's a good thing. Posting lies and misinformation on the net to/that spread fear and anxiety no matter what the reason is never good.

Actually I call it spreading reality.Fear is a good thing,it makes you alert,it makes you ready.Thinking like a victim causes more anxiety than any lie or bit of misinfo has ever caused.You have two choices in life,to be a victim or to not be a victim.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
A more productive email would have been one that explained the importance of remaining aware of one's surroundings, how not to give off a victim's body language, and perhaps went over how some of the more common carjacking scenarios have historically played out in a given area. Unfortunately, forwarding chain emails and Facebook posts is far easier, which is probably why such things exist.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have to agree with you on one thing Red, believing and spreading false information is your reality.
You told Red in an earlier post not to take what you said personal, so why are you trying to make it personal know? He said he had never heard of that story before and that's why he posted it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread