a wee bit of silver, an Indian and some wheaties

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit up the old dirt pile again today for about an hour with Missouri_John, after he called to brag about his pretty little Barber dime..... I got there almost before he hung up the phone, changed into my boots and turned my detector on after a brief chat. Before I could even take a step I got a decent little signal that I was figuring to be a wheat....out popped a small crushed silver ring. John just kind of looked at me and said something along the lines of "you did that yesterday too!...lol. We both hunted the lot for a while in an intermittent drizzle. I ended up with 3 more wheats and a decent 1904 Indian. The only wheat worth mentioning is a 1916 plain in pretty green. Also dug 5 or 6 memorial lincolns and a clad dime, some assorted trash. Not bad for a short hunt, but I bet there are quite a lot of goodies left in that pile of dirt! Too bad but I'm betting most of them are going to stay there for a long, long time.

Attachments

• 327finds.jpg
    327finds.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 327finds1.jpg
    327finds1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 4

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Indian penny looks to be in great shape !!

Too bad about the ring.

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I'm putting a kill switch on your machine for your first signal of the day. Seriously, that's a cool silver streak you put together. Lol, you showed up faster than Jimmy John's after i called you, but i'm glad we both rescued some coins before they get covered over again. I have a feeling tomorrow is gonna be sink up to your knees muddy. I almost hope they don't work tomorrow

Last edited:

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya did good, beat my oldest wheat by a year :-)

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting