Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of absolutly NOTHING.... 37 beer cans, a bullet, and a washer... for 6 hours worth of hunting.. just one of those days!!!!
HH everyone!!!

This is an important post folks! It shows that these "magic wands" we wave all over the place are ONLY as magical as the persistence and research we put into our hunts.

I don't know the ratio between digs and "good" finds but anyone who has experience with this hobby knows that they dig more trash than good. Maybe as much as 10 to 1. Especially if digging low tone hits. It is NOT an easy way to riches! But, it does make it more important to take the trash with you when you leave. That way, everybody gains. If nothing else, the ground is getting cleaned up.

I applaud you Survivalist45! Posting this shows it isn't all ribbons & bows. From your name, I figure you won't be deterred by this one day either. You know there will be days where the ratio will go the other way too.

HH!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, that would have been a great day if those beer cans were full.:laughing7:
I am sure you will do better next time out.
ZDD

OP
OP
S

Survivalist45

Greenie
Apr 1, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, I took 3 foodlion bags out to the trash of all beer cans

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gah! I've had some of those days. At least the beer cans have some weight to them. I've found 150 ring pulls in a day with maybe a few coins and a couple odd bits. The ring pulls don't even feel like real trash when you pull em out because they are so small haha so I don't even get that satisfaction of cleaning up the trash. Those days definitely happen though, hopefully karma will come through and your next hunt will balance out those beer cans with some sweet gold :p

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I took 3 foodlion bags out to the trash of all beer cans

By the by, were those cans already there when you got there? Or were you just finding the ones you threw over your shoulder on the way out? LOL

HH!

pug

May 14, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had plenty of them days but that's fine I'll get something good next time. Nice post an eye opener for some. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread