A work colleague went detecting with me this evening...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend from work always asks me what I find and sometimes I have the loot with me so he looks through it all. Tonight he asked if he could go with me to try out MDing so I said sure. He really is not into it but just wanted to satisfy curiosity, he went golfing with another work colleague a few weeks ago, drove the golf cart with another six pack, LOL. He showed up this evening with his dog and a six pack of beer in a cooler and carried it around the field, it was comical. I tried to get him to detect but that only lasted about 10 minutes. We had a good time for about 1.5 hours and I found 3 coins and a button, coins are all late 1800s but in poor condition, friend was not impressed. Had a beer with him before we left the field. Immediately after driving away, I get pulled over by the police, a beautiful blond that looked good in uniform LOL, for traffic control as they called it. They checked my license, registration and asked if I had been drinking, I said I had one, a wimpy American Budweiser and that set off the sobriety test, next time I'll lie. Then they couldn't get there machine to work so they call another police car. They show up, I blow into the machine and it comes back with 0.08, max allowed is 0.25, I had no worries about it. Then they said have a nice evening and I drove off, with my license. HH, Mike ;D

Upvote 0

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
Funny story Mike. Yeah, I have to say there are some good looking women police officers here in Germany. They sort of look like regular ladies as opposed to half of the American lady police officers I've known. I often find myself trying to look suspicious around them. ;) That brings on the small talk... and then my girlfriend :o

Your story reminds me of when I was living in Arizona. Boy, beer was involved in everything. Fishing was not such a big deal but coaching my friends in softball hat its beer moments. ehehehe

Albert

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
This topic kinda makes me wanna get drunk (I can feel a XXXX coming on) then questioned by the coppers (hot ones ofcourse ;)).
some people tell me 'good idea' when they see me detecting, others look at me like i'm crazy.
I'd love to find ANY 1800's coins at all. Goodstuff in showing someone else this wonderful hobby.

Jesse

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously a different system of measurement, it was one Budweiser and I saw the readout on the meter, 0.08. Found a silver coin yesterday evening, dropped in the sink at work, had to disassemble the plumbing. Got the silver back plus a dime, LOL! Not sure what the silver coin is, it has a white crusty patina over most of it but, it looks old. I have no way to clean it reasonably where I am, have to do this weekend then I'll post it. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread