a ?

randall61

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2004
Guntersville,Alabama
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x2,viper trident
at a local playground there is a volleyball court now comes the problem it was built on top of an old basketball court,ive never seen anyone hunt it because of the rebar in the basketball court.you get a constant tone and if I get a double tone I find something,but thats with a high disc setting IM sure IM missing alot,thought id have yall bounce it around....any ideas would be great.

thanks Randall

Upvote 0

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could try backing down the sensitivity to reduce the detecting depth if you could get it to detect shallow items only you may be OK. But I don't think you will have any luck. Rebar is tough to rule out. If you detector has good discrimination you may be able to block iron. On my Quattro I would use the coin mode as it rejects iron.

Ed

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a smaller coil and turn down the Sens. This will make the field smaller and you might be able to get between the rebar. You can always use a garden rake to move soil to the side for checking.

HH,
Sandman

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all else fails and you really want to know if there is anything there you can build a 2 by 2 Ft sifter out of 2x4s and 1/4" hardware cloth and shovel the dirt/sand through it. Kind of like an archaeologist would do. I would try the net area and the serving line first. If nothing is found there I would give up.

Ed

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
randall61 said:
at a local playground there is a volleyball court now comes the problem it was built on top of an old basketball court,ive never seen anyone hunt it because of the rebar in the basketball court.you get a constant tone and if I get a double tone I find something,but thats with a high disc setting IM sure IM missing alot,thought id have yall bounce it around....any ideas would be great.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? thanks Randall

Randall, I 2 use the 1236X2. Instead of the null mode, try turning the sens down to about 4, disc to 8, silencer on, and then try running the coil on edge instead of flat. Let me know how it works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread