a #$%^&!!!

P

PrizmIV

a #$%^&!!!

Went to the park yesterday walk two feet get a signal get down on knees and didnt even start digging and this lady came up. She said i wasnt going to cover my hole and i corrected her and said I dont make holes I make diviots and i was going to fix it! And i was going to cover it and she said I wouldnt and someone would break there leg in it. and after that she said the city spends thousands making this grass beautifull, and then I go ya the city also spends thousands on useless ideas from people like u so they will stop bit ching!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( She stomped away and I left! I swear some people!

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: a #$%^&!!!

Next time just act like you can't hear the person, and never look at them while they're talking/_itching at you!

Just keep swinging/digging, and act like they don't exist!

Sooner or later, they'll go away after getting tired of talking to themselves! ;D

HH

Lonewolfe

bigticket

Nov 9, 2005

dano91 said:
I bring my own security with me.And they've never torn up the park.
Security, yeah... Your big, bad dogs, who are afraid of a kitten. :D

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You know something !!!!!!! No matter where you go you will always run into a person that is never happy with anything, and the person you saw was one of those people....By the way ...How old was she? and I guess you were in the right place at the wrong time......KEEP ON DIGGING !!!! John

beeper

Sep 23, 2005
California

bk said:
The one I like is when they say "you're profiting from someone else's misfortune" To them I say..,"so do plumbers, doctors, lawyers, auto mechanics and on and on.
yea but when you NEED EM ya gotta have em.
years ago when the HIPPY movement was bitchen about the police this, police that, then i saw a bumper sticker!, " NEXT TIME YOU NEED A COP CALL A HIPPY"

Z

ZumbroKid

Here is what you do, Start screaming she is not my mommie! she is not my mommie! This should bring everyone running to give her the sound trashing she truely deserves. ;)

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004

You want to really put her in her place. Demand her name and address and fill a harasment charge against her(or threaten to) I had an old gal pestering me in the state forest (even after I showed her a permit from the rangers trying to be polite) so I took her plate # and gave it to the park rangers who gave her a warning for harasment. It's no diff. than harasing some one hunting in their eyes. It worked out pretty well cause the rangers all thought detecting was cool and gave me some leads on where to try. never saw the old gal again after that. Cladius.

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",

I guess you can't please everyone, not sure how I would have handled that until it happens to me. I'm sure my time will come. I have tried that thing about not looking at her and continue with what I was doing, that didn't work with my better half :o HH, Art...

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola

yep, either old crabby ladies or moms who let their young kids follow you down miles of the beach before bringing them back to their blanket. never really can detect in peace...

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep know how you felt, I guess thats why I always wear my headset while I'm metal detecting. Just ignore them they will go away. I always like the kids when they say, Hey mister what did you find, of course with the headset on I usually just ignore them and I often hear them say, he can't hear you he's got a headset on. Ha! ha! little do they know I can hear every word there saying I just don't want to be bothered. AGAIN WEAR A HEADSET, it keeps the goofies away and you can hear those deep signals better!

rabajohn

Aug 10, 2005
Woodlawn, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & ole Tesoro Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I was going to say you should have played deaf but as sure as you did, a car would backfire behind you and make you jump a foot off the ground. Scratch that. Next time just keep diggin but throw the dirt on her shoes! ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Coming in again kinda' late on this post but an idea that worked for me.? I recently spent several days working in a "hunted out" park, one of the oldest and most beautiful parks in the City.? I made it a point to seek out the groundskeepers supervisor and complained about the people damaging the park....tongue in cheek I admit.? Then I showed her how I dig and fill in my plugs, showed her a few of the things I had found and got her interested.? Now I see her at various City properties all over town and she comes over and asks how I am doing, what did I find lately, etc.? If some biddy complained about me she would probably get in her face since I am now one of the good guys.? It was well worth the effort!? Give it a try.? Monty

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.

Should of told her you were a private contrator working for the city. You were ther cleaning up the enviroment, removing any harmful metal trash that could hurt the toddlers. Hay...it could work...... ::)
Then hand her a garbage bag and ask her to help......

Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread