Abandoned CLAIMS ???

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ideas Please,
Why do claims get abandoned after 30, 40, 50 ++ years of being held other then the obvious-Death do us part reason-money

Lots of old people dieing off, taking valuble info with them to the grave, claim get lost in the shuffle,
seems like a treasure trove to me.

People holding claims not doing anything with them! inheirited not into hardwork.

The oldtimers were very astute miners, claim something thats not there doesnt sound right.

Whats your take on this, how should one expound on this concept!

Thanks johnnysau

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No mystery. Claim holder went broke, or there is nothing left to mine on the claim. These days however, lots of claims are being dropped because the fees just went up. I know one club that just dropped 17-claims..

Rockpicker1

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
High fees to keep claims. I had to drop 110 good claims.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys but unless you are a club like the GPAA or a local club or a commercial mining outfit, why any individual would want or need more than a couple or three claims. I have two and hardly have the time to work them.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
this might be dumb but how do you get one is it through blm?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
why any individual would want or need more than a couple or three claims. I have two and hardly have the time to work them.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector[/QUOTE] some claims are seasonal, and you just cant get into them, or because of fish seasons or because of the winter snow run off is just to swift. theres lots of reasons!

Nevada Coyote

Oct 20, 2009
Yerington, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Gold Digger, Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Forest Service in California stole my ex father-in-laws claim, and most of the equipment that was there. This is another reason.

Ashman

Apr 11, 2012
Sun City Cali
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & F75-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know of any claims in Riverside CA. that are abandon or up for sale ?

I am not sure of the cost of these claims or if someone is looking for someone to work them from time to time for whatever reason. Yea I know who in the hell would trust a perfect stranger to go work their claim and give them the finds. Honestly I am 42 years old and just moved here from Virginia Beach, Virginia. I work from home being a stay at home dad and building websites for myself. Just looking for somewhere different to play other than SGR where some days you feel like you have to fight for a spot just to sit your bucket down is all.

Anyways Happy Digging

Last edited:

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
so usfs is the place to go?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread