Lets see those homemade projects and honey holes....

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let's see those homemade projects and honey hole's....

Well i thought this would be fun to share some of our projects,ideas and pictures of our areas. I'm looking forward to seeing everyones ideas that have come to life and some good looking outdoor areas.

DSCN0960.JPG This is my d.i.y blue bowl wash station 12v with auto feed and vibration built in.

IMG-20120213-00005.jpg Here is the bend in the kern river near bakersfield,ca that i work lots of flood gold still hunting for that nugget.

IMG-20120213-00006.jpg This is now a very large hole atleast five feet wide and four feet down and into the bank there is about four feet of dirt above this hole with a large tree on it.

IMG-20120213-00003.jpg This is my A-52 hard at work.

IMG-20120216-00013.jpg My bounty lol not much but its mine....

OK i showed you mine so let's see your's.

Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice setup there. :)

I will reserve this spot for when I get pics of my 1gal Tradewinds Tea Jub suction device. :)

I also have plans in the works right now for an underwater electric dredge that pumps out into a bucket, its for smaller material but the idea is to speed up the time it takes to snipe it all.
If I suck up all the finer overburden then I can pick out the stuck bits in the cracks and sluice the material that goes into the bucket.

Last edited:

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here you go some peiced together equipment for the area I work.Took me 8 months to get enough gold to pay for it.Not much gold in Oklahoma.

Homemade floats CIMG0086.jpg

Sunrise on K River CIMG0122.jpg

Some color pan 1.jpg

My Best find 1.5 grams CIMG0116.jpg

Last edited:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's just an idea - why not try an automatic feeder with vibration for in-stream sluicing ops.?

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
looking forward to seeing you project neo and okbasspro man that area looks fantastic im relaxed just looking at the pic's but all that gold get's me all fired up again and ready to find some more myself but thats some good color nice to hear you paid your self back that doesnt seam to happen alot lol. fullpan i think that might work one way to get around without a pump i was thinking of making a hopper for my a-52 and gravity feeding my water to highbank in the water close to shore no pumps and wet to wet.

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
keepem coming...

Ashman

Apr 11, 2012
Sun City Cali
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & F75-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My little Red Neck gold recovery. Keeps the heavy in the red bucket while the fines get caught in my mat.. Not the best thing on the market but hey it only cost me less then $5 bucks for the bucket since I already had everything else. Everything has been classified through 1/8 classifier. I adjusted after the video so that it comes out more evenly across my sluice instead of what you see ion the the video...

Ashman

Apr 11, 2012
Sun City Cali
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & F75-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok this is by far one the coolest looking prospecting tool I have yet to see. Would love to see a video of this BEAST in action. I wouldn't care if you were digging up the neighbors rose bushes and running it through this machine. Upload something for us to see.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I totally agree that is the coolest Frankenstein, hot rod, gold getter ever! Must. See. Video!!

Barndawg

Jan 14, 2011
Illinois (STL area)
Detector(s) used
Home made gold prospecting equipment of various types
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the compliments guys. I like that "Frankenstein, Hot rod Gold getter" Kevin. It does have flames on the tires (the tread pattern).
Here's a video I just uploaded, but it really doesn't show it running at the time of the video. However, it will give a little closer look at it. I have it set up to run either 12v 2- 1000gph bilge pumps or I can run it with my gas trash pump and a battery for the motor. Also in the video is my most recent trommel experiment that I built for my best friend Dave (the main reason for the video). I think I like my bucket trommel better... so far.

Ashman

Apr 11, 2012
Sun City Cali
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & F75-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ Barndawg Thanks for the video the machine is awesome and the Pirate Flag just seals the deal...Thumbs up :)

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
wow that is awsome.. nice work

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ill be adding some new stuff soon i got the new bazzoka's just need a few days off to use them and ill post some more pictures....

nuggetgopher

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice setup there. :)

I will reserve this spot for when I get pics of my 1gal Tradewinds Tea Jub suction device. :)

I also have plans in the works right now for an underwater electric dredge that pumps out into a bucket, its for smaller material but the idea is to speed up the time it takes to snipe it all.
If I suck up all the finer overburden then I can pick out the stuck bits in the cracks and sluice the material that goes into the bucket.

you mean one of these =)

im using a 3000 gph bilge on a 1.5 , but a 5600 would be better .. you could even run a 5600 with a 18v on a 2.5
All you need is tubing and a power jet and bilge , bucket and a batt there simple to make..

penster

Sep 3, 2012
CT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, so no great invention, but for those on the low budget range like myself...I found a 24" gutter splash guard made of green plastic at home depot for 6.28. Its got built in drop style riffles. Gonna modify if by cutting the end off to make a Le trap style sluice out of it. Also picked up some light weight metal stair tread protectors and 0.93 plexi glass. Gonna use a Couple of scrap wood strips from the hubby's basement to make a sluice box and put ribbed matting in it to catch the fine/flour gold. picked up a piece of PVC pipe, end caps and an adapter to attach a hose so I have a sprayer and can use it in the back yard with a tub. I haven't decided how to attach the water sprayer to the sluice yet, but $55 bucks and a little elbow grease this weekend and I'll have 2 sluices.

vtgoldprospector

Jun 27, 2012
Eastern Long Island
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, my hands and a pan!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DIY mini fluid bed. Approx $50 in materials.

I use this for test samples and to make sure other equipment is not missing gold. It works great and has caught gold of all sizes including some darn small flower gold. This particular video was from back in the spring and I didn't have any real dirt to use so I had to use light n' crappy Long Island beach sand, iron filings and bbs. Enjoy.

Gold Map Maker -- The ultimate prospecting tool!

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I was going to save this for later but what the heck.
The garage inventor strikes again. This Idea literally hit me while I was crossing the river to my sluice.
The water pressure caught me off guard and I fell and I was pushed 20' or 30' before I regained an upright status.
And as I said it Hit me that there was power there and maybe I could tap it. So 4 old bikes some green bar,
a surplus ciriculation pump, some cut up abs pipe, and a few beers and weeks later I built this.
A waterwheel powered water pump.
Flume1.jpg WheelpumpProfile.jpg WheelpumpTopRear.jpg Wheelpump.jpg Waterwheelaction2.jpg FlumeWheelHighbank.jpg

Now we tested it at Follows Camp on the East Fork San Gabriel River, so that indicates how long ago I built it.
That Camp has been closed for years. We had a little trouble with the pump coupler, but it ran non stop for 2 days pumping water to my high banker.
This was a prototype. It was cannibalized and no longer exists. It was a great exercise in concept to practice though. It has lead to a new more efficient direction.
I decided to start on a more versatile waterwheel that floats on a dredge platform. Then the location placement won't demand a dam and Flume.
Only instead of a pump I will turn an electric generator. Now the pump needs only be close enough to plug in to a cord.
Here is conceptual design drawing. At night I'll have camp power all night.
Floating Generator.png

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Very cool!! Nice job on creating that. I'm impressed. Looks like something out of a Frankenstein movie but it works and I'm sure it was fun building it. Right on brotha. Keep inventing, and I will def Try and see you on the 15th, since you are getting to east fork late the first night. I might be able to stay only for the day. Work... :(( .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread