Abandoned equipment

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I filed a claim this fall which has mining equipment, trash and unfilled holes still on it. What legal rights, if any, do I have to remove his equipment from the claim if he decides not to move it? How long would I have to wait? I assume I can start removing his trash and filling his holes immediately if I cannot get him to do it.

Thanks!

P.S. I ask because most of the equipment is not of high value and he told me a few times he had no plans of ever hiking his heavy equipment back out of the canyon, especially the low end equipment, too much work he said (it's down a steep ravine and then a mile or so hike). I wouldn't want or use most of it, so to me, it's trash. If I can, I'll hike it out of there and give most of it away and sale a few items to someone who needs it. I like to keep my claims clean.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So spilled was jumped so he feels he can jump another. It's a dog eat dog world in your gultch

O.k., one more, this had to be addressed. I was not jumped nor do I feel I was jumped. I let the claim go and someone claimed it. I could take a liberal view of it and try to get sympathy saying someone 'jumped' my claim the the simple fact is I let it go and it was open to the public to claim. No one did me wrong and I have zero bad feelings towards them. Jumped, figure out what you're talking about before spewing.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some people just have know clue when to shut up. With his limited post i'll assume he has not contributed much of anything and I will not waste my time reading what he has posted. Spillercanyon you do not need to explain yourself to this guy, as I and others have said you have done your part. Enjoy your new claim and if its worthy of keeping maybe TOADHEAD can remind you to refile next year.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well said AzViper. Deja vue...SOS just a different topic. Interaction with the sole purpose of disruption, noting nothing logical along the way and easily spotted in a crowd. Just like my X. Lisa, is that you? Bye felicia :hello:

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said AzViper. Deja vue...SOS just a different topic. Interaction with the sole purpose of disruption, noting nothing logical along the way and easily spotted in a crowd. Just like my X. Lisa, is that you? Bye felicia :hello:

The solution is a lot simpler then that. Go up to Tod the troll's post/ click on his name/ click on "view profile"/ click "Add to ignore list"/ over...

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
The solution is a lot simpler then that. Go up to Tod the troll's post/ click on his name/ click on "view profile"/ click "Add to ignore list"/ over...
Thanks Reed. I had never done that before but I somehow feel cleaner now and all happy inside.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
S

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Thanks once again Reed!!! If I could I would have liked you multiple times on this one. Sorry for my attacks, I'm not usually like this but then again, never really been called out like this. I appreciate those that help and now I can ignore those that don't. I don't feel I have done anything wrong and will continue in my endeavor to keep the environment as clean as possible and dig as much gold as my body and time will allow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread