fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend has let me borrow his older T2. He has'nt use it in 2 yrs and never got real comfortable with it. Not ever bein around one and never seen one ran just makes me wonder if I'm runnin it right. I've watched vids of AQUACHIGGER and he runs his a lil' different than I am. Do you lose depth runnin in DISC with 3 tones. I like the higher tones for sum reason. One more thing, how much better is the SE really? THANX.. HH

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey fishstick - I too like to stay with the discrimination mode - I run Sens 73 and disc 10 and I love the 3 tones - Put in a lot of hours and you'll learn to dig the good signals - pay clos attn to your numbers - I dig anything in the 45 - 60's cause it could be gold (and of course nickels are 58) and some civil war bullets in at 68 to 70 as well- 76-77 are usually zinc pennies and civil war bullets - and of course 82's are usually pre 1982 pennies or clad dimes and higher numbers are quarters and silver coins. If I get an ify signal then I switch over to all metal mode and really pay attn to the number as the tone is the same. Also, if I have covered an area and got some good stuff then I will swithch to all metal and go back over the same area. HH

Last edited:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Hey fishstick - I too like to stay with the discrimination mode - I run Sens 73 and disc 10 and I love the 3 tones - Put in a lot of hours and you'll learn to dig the good signals - pay clos attn to your numbers - I dig anything in the 45 - 60's cause it could be gold (and of course nickels are 58) and some civil war bullets in at 68 to 70 as well- 76-77 are usually zinc pennies and civil war bullets - and of course 82's are usually pre 1982 pennies or clad dimes and higher numbers are quarters and silver coins. If I get an ify signal then I switch over to all metal mode and really pay attn to the number as the tone is the same. Also, if I have covered an area and got some good stuff then I will swithch to all metal and go back over the same area. HH

Depending on the ground condition - I'll run sensitivity as high as 85 and as low as 40 (salt water beach-wet sand). The only difference is that I prefer 4 tones. The T2 rocks and you don't have to worry about loss of depth. It will pick up the most inconsequential scrap of foil at depths deeper that you want to dig.

sorahc

Feb 7, 2013
I haven't tried 4 tones. I usually run 3 at 84 sensitivity and 10 discrimination. What does the 4-tone do differently than 3?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I haven't tried 4 tones. I usually run 3 at 84 sensitivity and 10 discrimination. What does the 4-tone do differently than 3?

To be honest, I don't know as I never tried 3. Do you get the different tone of a zincoln versus copper cent with 3 tones? I'll fiddle around today with 3 tones for the first time. With 4 tones, there is a distinct difference in zincoln vs copper cent. I've always set it at 4 tones.

OP
OP
fishstick

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANX for the reply's!! I'm def stickin with DISC for awhile. Just not ready for AM quite yet.. and have to say I LUV THIS MACHINE!!! HH

sorahc

Feb 7, 2013
I haven't tried 4 so I don't know about it. But in not sure I would pass anything up that has a reading over 50. Of course, I mainly hunt CW and colonial sites that are fairly remote so I don't have to deal with too much modern stuff.

sorahc

Feb 7, 2013
I tried 4 tone this weekend and it was pretty good. I dug a very small cuff flat button in the midst of several square nails. But I have to say that I had trouble hearing the very high-pitched fourth tone. It was cool but I think that for the kind of hunting I do in fairly remote old sites, three tone is good. If I ever go to more modern sites where clad versus copper coins are plentiful, there's no question that it would be helpful. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread