rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in business. Lifetime warranty on the shovel. Returned to local hardware store and replaced with new one, no questions asked.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh boy I learned that one long ago, I always have a spare in the back pack. Nothing worse travel a long way on a bicycle mind you only have to leave after a couple of holes. My back-up is a lesche, or predator, they are not my fav. digger, but tough.

Looks like you had a good hunt anyway. The Buff. may not have been there that long, or...

OP
OP
rodarian

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lesson learned, Rick. I went ahead and bought a spare along with the replacement. :laughing7:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe that silvery buffalo nickel is silver, hmm silver test kit would help on that. On the digging tool I would invest in a Lesche , last digger you will ever need in my opinion, more likely to break your arm than it ! Iv'e bought two so far both still work !

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
back ups are really nice, nothing more frustrating than a premature stoppage due to equipment failure, kind of like a sudden rain storm. but you did find some good stuff, right now the buff would make my day

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOOPPPS fer sure. I am doing a church in Kingston, NY, got permission from the board on Thursday, started the hunt with FMERG on 9/5. went back again today and we both find fresh holes, junk still in them, that neither of us dug. seems some tool saw us on Friday and decided to mooch the site. I TOLD THE PASTOR AND HE WAS NOT HAPPY. hate when some skunk tries to poach without ethics, if we catch him,----- 'nuff said. FMERG did score an 1857 4 Pfennig in EF condition, I got squat so far.

diggyboy

Jun 10, 2013
Nice finds! If I were you I would get the lesche digger it cost a little over $30.00, is made in the U.S. and if you use it properly, you will never need to buy another shovel again. I got tired of my cheap shovels breaking and invested in the lesche and so far, it's the best shovel I have ever used.

OP
OP
rodarian

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, between Rick and relicman, i googled the lesche digging tool and to my surprise it is affordably priced. I think i am going to purchase one(or two) so i never run into that situation again. I was all excited turning up that 1888 IH and then the no date buff all shiny.
What a weasel to poach a site that someone else took the time to get the permission to dig. What's worse, they're leaving the junk in the holes! I gotta believe i would have some not so godly words for that guy! Keep digging and plugging along, Port, it sounds like there are alot of great finds still in that ground. I, too, use the ace250 and have dug some amazing finds in this church yard and it is huge so there are many more digs to come. You're right dirtlooter, even if the buff was all i found before the great shovel snap, i would have been happy with it, just wish there was a date on it...heh. Thanks for the replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread