Absolutely Unbelievable Day

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone!

It's been a while, but work has been crazy which has left little time for treasure hunting.

But, I have had the best day of my life yesterday, hands down!

Up the road from me, they're demolishing a beautiful old, but really run down Farm House built in 1890. I figured I would go over to see if they'd let me poke around to find a few items to keep from the location. Well, they pretty much let me have the run of the place and I spent 7 hours hauling off all kinds of beautiful treasures (which mostly came in the form of beautiful rough sawn framing, and the most gorgeous trim you've ever seen.

But even better than that there is an old shed standing on the property made of beams, that they let me root through and take whatever I wanted since they were going to knock it down. I got to save the top boards of the gables from the roof, which are 1.5 inches thick, twenty inches wide and twenty feet long. They weigh a God awful ton, but they're MINE!

And look what I found!

50415538430__CC4C6F78-0A14-4995-8EF6-5AD6686B6EFB.JPG
IMG_3572-2.JPG
IMG_3574.JPG
IMG_3575-1.JPG
IMG_3540.JPG.jpeg
IMG_3584.JPG
IMG_3585.JPG
IMG_3590.JPG
IMG_3591.JPG

All in all I don't know much about this stuff, other than it's BEAUTIFUL, and I am going to do my best to salvage some more today. I have a huge stack of wood, which I'll be going back for more. There are like 60 arrow heads, which came out of a lamp that I found in the flattened house. I'm sure someone took a ton of time to collect them all, and they were gonna end up in a landfill (anyone have info on the arrowheads?) Also, the spinning wheel was a super cool save from the shed. Don't know what I'm going to do with it, but just couldn't let it get crushed to splinter wood.

It might not be metal detecting, but it sure is treasure to me!

If any of ya'll have any information on anything you see, let me know! It's early and I am so sore I can barely move - but I'm going BACK IN! This is what DREAMS ARE MADE OF! :hello2:

Attachments

• IMG_3540.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_3540.JPG.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Upvote 29

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy moly, good job. It's so nice that you are saving as much of those old boards, trim, etc. as you can. That kind of stuff can be quite valuable, and has a beauty and history hard to replicate in modern-made stuff. Congrats :icon_thumright:

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Talk about SCORE wow what a haul I'm a lumber guy I'd love to have pieces like that. Big dollars
Ooh what you can great with that. , benches tables. Great recovery. Hh gl

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You really scored! :hello2:

OP
OP
iloveshinythings

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy moly, good job. It's so nice that you are saving as much of those old boards, trim, etc. as you can. That kind of stuff can be quite valuable, and has a beauty and history hard to replicate in modern-made stuff. Congrats :icon_thumright:

It's truly just some of the most beautiful stuff. I'll post more tonight after I'm done with another day of hauling it off! Just praying my back holds out, this stuff is CRAZY HEAVY.

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love when people salvage old houses like this. The craftsmanship that goes into these houses is fading away in our country so to be able to reuse these pieces is exemplary. Nice work!

driftless

Sep 21, 2015
SE MN
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, F 70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job! Be careful walking around with all those rusty nails and stuff just waiting to attack!

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Treasure is treasure and you certainly hit the jackpot! Congrats on your many finds.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello iloveshinythings,

Wow! your sure found some nice keepers, congratulations! :occasion14:

That old spinning wheel has me drooling on the key board! :icon_thumleft:

GL & HH

Doc

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Awesome finds!

I'm pretty sure there is a Product Recall on spinning wheels. Reports about a risk of pricking your finger on the spindle and falling into a deep sleep...

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a treasure trove good job.

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
very nice, but wear a mask and keep the kids away. That is loaded with lead paint.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thank you for saving the old stuff