Absolutely Unbelievable Day

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone!

It's been a while, but work has been crazy which has left little time for treasure hunting.

But, I have had the best day of my life yesterday, hands down!

Up the road from me, they're demolishing a beautiful old, but really run down Farm House built in 1890. I figured I would go over to see if they'd let me poke around to find a few items to keep from the location. Well, they pretty much let me have the run of the place and I spent 7 hours hauling off all kinds of beautiful treasures (which mostly came in the form of beautiful rough sawn framing, and the most gorgeous trim you've ever seen.

But even better than that there is an old shed standing on the property made of beams, that they let me root through and take whatever I wanted since they were going to knock it down. I got to save the top boards of the gables from the roof, which are 1.5 inches thick, twenty inches wide and twenty feet long. They weigh a God awful ton, but they're MINE!

And look what I found!

50415538430__CC4C6F78-0A14-4995-8EF6-5AD6686B6EFB.JPG
IMG_3572-2.JPG
IMG_3574.JPG
IMG_3575-1.JPG
IMG_3540.JPG.jpeg
IMG_3584.JPG
IMG_3585.JPG
IMG_3590.JPG
IMG_3591.JPG

All in all I don't know much about this stuff, other than it's BEAUTIFUL, and I am going to do my best to salvage some more today. I have a huge stack of wood, which I'll be going back for more. There are like 60 arrow heads, which came out of a lamp that I found in the flattened house. I'm sure someone took a ton of time to collect them all, and they were gonna end up in a landfill (anyone have info on the arrowheads?) Also, the spinning wheel was a super cool save from the shed. Don't know what I'm going to do with it, but just couldn't let it get crushed to splinter wood.

It might not be metal detecting, but it sure is treasure to me!

If any of ya'll have any information on anything you see, let me know! It's early and I am so sore I can barely move - but I'm going BACK IN! This is what DREAMS ARE MADE OF! :hello2:

Attachments

• IMG_3540.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_3540.JPG.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Upvote 29

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Great job saving those great finds from winding up in the dump.
HH
dts

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post Stacy I'm happy you found some amazing stuff stay safe some of those old structures can be unstable Thanks for sharing those finds hope to see more soon!!!!!!

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great saves and congrats! Absolutely LOVE that spinning wheel! Just a cool find.

John

OP
OP
iloveshinythings

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love when people salvage old houses like this. The craftsmanship that goes into these houses is fading away in our country so to be able to reuse these pieces is exemplary. Nice work!

That's why I just couldn't let it go to the landfill! Still out here salvaging MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!

OP
OP
iloveshinythings

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shame that people trash these old places. Good for you in taking the time to preserve some treasure.

Oh man, you should see the beams under the house that hold it up. Peg construction, 1820 easy. The house is way older than I thought!

OP
OP
iloveshinythings

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! Be careful walking around with all those rusty nails and stuff just waiting to attack!

Yeah, luckily all the nails are square nails, and super dull. Otherwise, I would have been in trouble a few times... LOL.

OP
OP
iloveshinythings

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This made me laugh WAY TOO HARD.

Awesome finds!

I'm pretty sure there is a Product Recall on spinning wheels. Reports about a risk of pricking your finger on the spindle and falling into a deep sleep...

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvaging and re-purposing is one of the best ways to discover treasures, and you hit a mother load!! Great saves........love the spinning wheel!!

OP
OP
iloveshinythings

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't even believe that it was just sitting in that shed. Probably for 100 years, totally intact. Now what I'm going to do with it??? No clue....:dontknow:

Great saves and congrats! Absolutely LOVE that spinning wheel! Just a cool find.

John

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
go back with a bigger truck and some more hands!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread