accidental gold

Tigue710

Greenie
Sep 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, this is my first post I think although I've been a member a while. I found some gold by accident the other day... Although I live in the heart of gold country California I've never gone looking for it, I have pans, and I have intended too, but just never did. I'm a collector of all things, and enjoy digging for the things I collect. Recently while working on a building I found some trade beads, and instead of taking the time to pick them all out of the dirt I scooped em up with a shovel and brought them home to screen out latter. I put em aside and when the weekend came I picked a sunny spot on the deck and started separating the beads from the thick clay dirt they were in. Pulling two beads apart i found a little god nugget! My first gold... My wife and I panned out the dirt, about a shopping bag full and ended up with two grams... We're stoked! I went back and sampled more dirt of course, no gold... seems there was a little stash of beads and gold in an old gold rush building that burnt in a fire, and I happened to come along it...

IMG_0676.JPG IMG_0688a.JPG

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a sweet little tale, thank you for sharing it with us and it also points out the old adage "Gold is where you find it". And, you finally used your pan!! At times it is easy like that and other times after some very hard work over many days the pay is really small but then I do it for the adventure and the memories so it all works out for me.

Have fun, find more............63bkpkr

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to the forums, that is a really neat story with an awesome find. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread