Ace 250 (2)

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes i would say that 97% of the dealers are selling at..$212.00... I saw some selling a little higher................................==Jim==

R

robert roy

Yes, that IS the standard price. I know a place where you can get it new
for $199.00 and that includes the shipping. Send me a private email and I'll send you an address and number. You can also get it from the same place used for $149.00 but unless your strapped for cash (as I and most everyone else I know) :) I'd spend the extra money and get the warranty that goes with the Ace.

Regards
Robert R

bavarianminister

Dec 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett GTA1000, GTAX550, ACE250, Fisher 1212, Minelab X-terra, Whites DFX
Just purchased an ace yesterday at my local shop. Took it out today and wow am I impressed! All the negative stuff that you can read about the Ace on this forum is highly mis-leading. I have been detecting for over 20 years and have owned a lot of detectors from different manufactures. I can honestly tell you that this machine is hot! Especially for the price of a little over 200 dollars. I found 2 pieces of silver jewelry, 58 caliber civil war bullet, and a lot of clad today just playing around with it. The area that I hunted today is considered "hunted out" - and yet I succeeded to pull out yet another piece of civil war history with the cheapest detector that I have ever owned. Garrett has definately made this detector a hit! I can highly recommend it to anyone new to the hobby or old to the hobby.

Bavarianminister

lilmic

Dec 27, 2007
If you have a partner in the military they can order one online from AAFES for $178. No taxes or shipping. Just received mine yesterday with Garret Master Sound headphones, both for $203. From the shipping label they are shipped directly from Garrett. 8)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well I just love my lil yeller fella (ace 250) light in weight -- picks things up well -- works as deep as many machines costing much more -- all in all a very nice buy and good bang for the buck in my book . --- proof that you don't have to spend $600 to $1.000 bucks to find some cool stuff -- for around a couple hundred $212 -- you can get a decent easy to use lil detector. ---- this is not to say that there isn't places where it will not work -- *** there are some places where pre set type ground balance machine (the cheaper types for the most part will not work --- "bad ground" places that you MUST have manual ground balance (commonly found on higher dollar machines) or just go home ---its these places where you have to have a higher end type machine *** but for about 90 % of places this isn't the case -- in places that are iffy (say salt water beaches or high mineral soil areas) often lowering the sensitivity and / or upping the disc might help machine make the lower end type machine somewhat usible in them ) ---- Ivan

R

robert roy

Took My Ace 250 out this morning.
Here in Indiana, we have some cold weather.
Today, Sunday, we had lite snow with some drizzel.
I weather proofed my Ace before taking it out.
I put one of those hand Warmers in the battery
compartment to keep the batteries warm, otherwise the
cold will just drain them in no time flat. I put sandwich around
the control bok to keep the rain from getting in. Then
I wrapped a piece of wool ( I used one of those wool hats you see
kids wear in the winter ) . I cut it down the center, trimmed
to suite, then wrapped it around the control box. I held it together
with velcro. I only stayed out a couple of hours as I was freezing to
death! Still picked up a couple bucks in clad.

If you go out in the cold without winterizing your Ace your
batteries won't last more than a couple hours or so.

The Ace is a good machine.

Something I have noticed is that now that I have gotten used to
the pinpointing, I find the Ace more accurate that my MXT! Go figure! ;D

Regards
Robert R

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I agree with what Ivan said about the ground balancing. The ACE wasn't very deep for me because our ground is very salty. In fact we have huge salt mines all below our city (and county). My Ace was good for about 4" and that was it.

Now if Garrett was to add ground balancing functionality to the Ace they would have to double the size of their factory again.

Dan

lilmic

Dec 27, 2007
You are welcome. It must be an unadvertised military appreciation thing. One of the perks of being a soldier. One of the few still left these days.

hsjrev

Jul 27, 2007
W. TN
roachnjim said:
...Yes but that is a Ace 150 for $i78.00 not a Ace 250 ......................................==Jim==

No it's the Ace 250 for $178 + about $13 shipping........so it's about $191....total. You have........to add it.........to your cart to.......see the...........price.

Hawkeye.osu

Nov 4, 2007
I bought my Ace 250 from www.detection.com. You can use PayPal to pay so your transaction is secure. You can select from a few different package deals that will get you the Ace and a few extras for the same price.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a little hesitant to buy used machines on eBay (unless it is from another metal detecting enthusiast), but I would recommend looking on craigslist.com, which is where I bought my ACE 250 used in "like new" condition for $170. I drove to the guys house and made the purchase face to face with him. We shook hands, exchanged phone numbers in case there was a problem (which there wasn't). We have become friendly and gone out detecting a few times.

I like craigslist because it is commerce the old fashion way, face to face, with a handshake.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lilmic said:
You are welcome. It must be an unadvertised military appreciation thing. One of the perks of being a soldier. One of the few still left these days.

That ain't no kidding.

I did my time and I can't get squat. You better get it while your in, 'cause when you get out they forget about you.

Active '78 to '81.

37 group 28th trans batt, Germany.

FTA.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
roachnjim said:
Ray S ECenFL said:
http://www.jandhproducts.com/basket.aspx

Click on Buy Now and you will be offered the $178 price. Shipping extra.

Ray S
...Yes but that is a Ace 150 for $i78.00 not a Ace 250 ......................................==Jim==

I beg to differ:
GARRETT ACE 250 METAL DETECTOR
SKU # : Garrett_Ace_250
$178.39 $178.39

Ray S.

R

robert roy

$178.00 is a good price.
Personally I'd stay away from the Ace 150, not because it's a bad machine. It's ok, but for a few dollars more you might as well get the whole ball of wax. It's a nice machine for you kid or if your on a budget. BUT beware when you decide to up grade and sell the Ace 150. I don't think you're going to get much for it. Just my opinion.

Robert R ;D

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
robert roy said:
$178.00 is a good price.
Personally I'd stay away from the Ace 150, not because it's a bad machine. It's ok, but for a few dollars more you might as well get the whole ball of wax. It's a nice machine for you kid or if your on a budget. BUT beware when you decide to up grade and sell the Ace 150. I don't think you're going to get much for it. Just my opinion.

Robert R ;D

No pinpointing on the ACE 150 with PROformance 6x9 (non concentric) coil must be a b*tch!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread