Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my take on the Ace as a relic machine...

My friend rodeo recon uses it when we hunt for CW relics.  It used to be that I always found more with my Fisher 1266-X when we hunted.  I think he was still learning the Ace in this stage though.  Now he easily holds his own with the machine.  I was quite impressed that it could see deep lead as well as my Fisher.  (Neither machine gives a great signal with the deepies, but that's par for the course with either one.  You just have to learn what to expect, and dig signals that you wouldn't normally dig to get the deep lead.)  I haven't asked him about whether or not the depth meter is accurate for bullets at that depth or not...I don't know if he actually looks at the depth meter.  He may just get the signal and dig.  It's what I do.  No time to thumb knobs or fiddle with settings.  Just beep/dig.  You might want to send him a PM if you have other questions.

He's dug some pretty incredible things with the Ace, and his CW relic collection is getting pretty big, even though he just started relic hunting last August.

Regards,

Buckleboy

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I had a Little Yeller Feller.

It was a fun machine to use.
And, it paid for itself in clad.

<I> would not be able put it in the same class as a Fisher 1266-x for deep seeking relic work.

I MUST say, there is no substitute for persistence, though.
HH
rmptr

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rmptr said:
I had a Little Yeller Feller.

It was a fun machine to use.
And, it paid for itself in clad.

<I> would not be able put it in the same class as a Fisher 1266-x for deep seeking relic work.

I MUST say, there is no substitute for persistence, though.
HH
rmptr

I can't put it in the same class...not yet, from my experience. But so much of the ability of a machine is determined by the ability of the user that I can't quite say about the Ace yet--from the standpoint of seeing a buddy use it. Give him a few more years to get master the machine, and I might have some more information to add to my stance on this...

But for now, what I do know is that the Ace holds its own.

-Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread