Ace 250 battery question

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the Premium rechargeable Rayovac or Energizer , and have no issues, if I use the lesser rechargeable's It always starts out at 3 instead of 4 bars....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you mean when you have 75% power left.... Or you used 75% ? How many bars do you have left 1 or 3 when you quit ?

OP
OP
kayden

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
Do you mean when you have 75% power left.... Or you used 75% ? How many bars do you have left 1 or 3 when you quit ?
I change them when I get to 75% left on the batteries (I read somewhere here to change them then) Should I be running them down to 25% instead? Also my buddy has an Ace250 with no headphones & it seems like his batteries last longer without headphones. Thanks for the replies guys

Alienson

Nov 15, 2011
Austin, Texas, area
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The question of battery "life" is not so simple for me at my current stage of ignorance. I have an ACE 350 had have been advised by the dealer to replace the batteries once the battery indicator drops the first bar. That provides, with earphones, only about six hours. At that rate, I'm spending more on batteries than I'm finding!

Yesterday, I did run the unit down to the last bar and didn't notice any performance differences. Today, yhe battery gauge shows a full charge. I wonder how long that will last before the charge drops drastically. In an all-day hunt, is it reasonable to cycle sets of standard batteries? Finally, what are the best, longlived AA batteries?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread