Ace 250 help

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
123, have u EVER posted a POSITIVE comment on ANYTHING? c'mon sssshhhhhheeeeee!!!!!!!

str8flexed....same problem with the350...strong signal...dig..nothing...use pinpointer still nothing...run 350 back over hole..absolutely nothing..this is a frequent problem. I've got about 25 hrs. on this piece of s^*#@ and haven't dug a SINGLE coin...go back over same area with my antique whites id and bingo clads,silver,earings,rings...Garrett has sucessfully ripped off another digger..lot of the signals I get is the whole length and width of the dd coil..damn they didn't tell me you had to rent a backhoe with this piece of s$%#...if there are any(probably not any) satisfied 350 owners out there and have any hints or videos on this rig I sure would appreciate hearing from you...thanks bluelodge:dontknow:
I could tell you how to hunt with that machine i have hundreds of hours on mine but i dont think i will

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
str8flexed....same problem with the350...strong signal...dig..nothing...use pinpointer still nothing...run 350 back over hole..absolutely nothing..this is a frequent problem. I've got about 25 hrs. on this piece of s^*#@ and haven't dug a SINGLE coin...go back over same area with my antique whites id and bingo clads,silver,earings,rings...Garrett has sucessfully ripped off another digger..lot of the signals I get is the whole length and width of the dd coil..damn they didn't tell me you had to rent a backhoe with this piece of s$%#...if there are any(probably not any) satisfied 350 owners out there and have any hints or videos on this rig I sure would appreciate hearing from you...thanks bluelodge:dontknow:

I'm still new to it, as today was my 4th outing with it, however, I think a lot of it is learning how to use it and find its quirks out. I had my most successful outing today, found more coins than I ever have in the hour I was out, and each time I go out, I learn a little more about it. I don't expect it to be as good as some more expensive detectors, but am hoping one day that I find enough "stuff" with my 250, that I can justify going up to a higher end detector.

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
You said, "I don't expect it to be as good as....". That's true but...in a lot of cases it can be just as good as an expensive detector. I've hunted with a guy with an Etrac. I got the ring because my coil was over the ring before his was. It was 2" deep and rang out loud on my ACE 250.

UOTE=str8flexed;3791757]I'm still new to it, as today was my 4th outing with it, however, I think a lot of it is learning how to use it and find its quirks out. I had my most successful outing today, found more coins than I ever have in the hour I was out, and each time I go out, I learn a little more about it. I don't expect it to be as good as some more expensive detectors, but am hoping one day that I find enough "stuff" with my 250, that I can justify going up to a higher end detector.[/QUOTE]

jentheartist

Greenie
Jan 10, 2014
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been running into the problem with my ACE 250 where I'll scan over an area, getting a few different varying tones, I'll pinpoint it, and dig, find nothing, then scan over the excavated dirt and empty hole, and the ACE doesn't even go off when before digging, it was. Even after checking the hole and dirt pulled with a pinpointer just to make sure something wasn't turned over. A lot of junk metal shows up as nickels too, but I guess that's just part of it. Its just irritating to hear varying tones, dig a hole, and find nothing, scan again, and get no tones at all after double checking.

Yep - I have this problem too

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually when it goes off..then nothing it is because of small pieces of metal that crumble ..Try stomping on that piece of ground to break it up and it will stop...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

WestGhost

Mar 7, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
ace 250, AT Pro, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed! Great for coin hunting, easily distinguishes coin tones. Sandtrout, thanks for the custom settings, I'm in the same area of So. Cal. Will try them out tomorrow. Going to put about a 100 more hours on this machine then upgrade to the CTX 3030, Been hearing a lot of good things about this machine-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread