Ace 250 hits 7 old type bullets near river CW picket post (now w/ photo)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well folks -- had a bit of fun today --went up by the st marys river (the fla / ga state line is the river) to a shallow "crossing" type spot that I know of --- its locally called " ---?--- landing" even today and was used before during and after the civil war as a "drop" spot for goods being shipped along the st marys river --- looking along the bank area of the river --me and my cousin found what I believe my be a CW era picket skirmish site --- there was 7 bullets in a very small area (about 6 to 8 inches deep) -- there was 6 incoming / fired rounds of the same type / size (pistol?)--- 3 in very nice shape --2 with damaged noses and 1 deeply mushroomed ( they are about about 32 or 36 cal ---their flat nosed and flat based also -- and they have 3 rings on them) these were "incoming rounds" fired from the GA side (union troops?)--- and one rifle type dropped bullet (unmarred by rifling) -- its the larger * top bullet* -- say 52 or 54 cal sized bullet flat nosed and based -- (confederate?)--- I think it may have went down like this more or less --- rebel picket with rifle on duty sees union calvary trooper attempting to cross river fires his rifle -- thus alerting fellow rebel troops YANK IN THE AREA -- he then drops down behind thelog to reload (dropping a rifle bullet while doing so ) --- in return for being shot at the union trooper opens fire with his pistol spraying the area the rebel is at with lead --3 go into the sand nicely (all 3 right hand side ones )-- two nick the tree the rebel is behindslightly ( #2 & #3 left hand side) their noses are damaged* -- and one bullet (#1 top left) hits the tree trunk cover dead on smashing the devil out of it (see the photo of the end of the mushroomed bullet below)--- over time the "cover" tree rots away leaving behind the smashed bullets. -- this area will have te checked farther needless to say . ---(these are larger than life to show detail) -- setting on the Ace 250 was 5 bars of power under the "custom" setting set up for relics --- Ivan

Attachments

• CW Bullets0001.jpg
    CW Bullets0001.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Re: Ace 250 hits 7 old type bullets near river CW picket post

Sounds like a good spot Ivan..You may find some nice buttons and buckels there too. Most of the time, you know the bullets are just the start of great finds to come..Goodluck,relicdude

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
just put a photo up check it out --

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
All right Ivan, i like your photo now show us them old french coins ;D I have never found any like that :-\ They are cool ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread