ACE 250 Nel Tornado unstable

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The coil needs to be "tuned" to your control box. Your machine is ground balanced at the factory, so you can't ground balance it using an aftermarket coil. That is why you have to turn the sensitivity way down. I'm not even sure you can send it in to Garrett with an aftermarket coil to have it tuned. Call 'em.

OP
OP
L

luciddream

Greenie
Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advise...So after some further testing, it turns out that this coil is EXTREMELY sensitive to EMI...I was testing this in my house close to lights and all that, as soon as I took it outside it worked a LOT better. This coil is extremely sensitive...I really bought it for beach hunting to cover more ground faster and I think that really this coil would not be very good for more tight spaces...So overall I'm happy so far. I definitely see what you mean though by tuning.

ph036011

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Fisher CZ21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I also want to put this coil (nel tornado) on for dry sand beach hunting (on my ace250)
For same reasons, large search, more coverage, depth
how is weight for 12x13?

would you recommend this or another coil?
Thanks r/Alan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions