Ace 250 on Ebay??????

R

robert roy

I went to Ebay today to see what the Ace 250 was going for. Lots for sale but I didn't
see many people bidding on them. I wonder whats happening.
Did I query wrong?
I simpley typed in Ace 250 metal detector and hit the send button and got loads of Aces. I saw only one detector with 9 bids. It was at $158.00.

Does anyone know what Ace 250's are going for on Ebay?

Maybe we're in a recession and people are not spending their money.

Regards
Robert Roy

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob, I noticed that there were very few 250's for sale used. Looks like most of them are at the buy now price..around the 212 mark. Don't think you will find even a used one under about 150 bucks.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually, a lack of a model of a particular detector on EBAY in a used condition means that people are liking theirs and holding onto them. Try to find a used Minelab Sovereign for example. In all of EBAY, there may be two or three on at any time and they are usually the XS-2 or older models which are still really good themselves.

Another thing is that the lower the cost of a new product, the less your savings will be on a used one. For example, I bought my Garrett Infinium with two coils and two sets of earphones, a 1,400 dollar value in mint condition off of EBAY for 725 dollars with free shipping. Almost half of retail!!! I was patient and only bid what I wanted to pay for one. I was fortunate that I got one at my price, it even had extras and it was in mint condition. The seller had 100 percent positive feedback but made a mistake by not putting on good photos and spoke in broken English on the description. The 100 percent positive feedback was the key. She said it was in mint condition and I believed her even though the photos didn't show that. When it got to my door it was absolutely mint and I got an extra coil and the water headphones which are valued at about 300 dollars together. The large drop in price though was relative to the price of the machine. I got big savings because the initial price of this stuff was huge. You won't see that kind of savings in 220 dollar product.

Another reason that you don't see lots of used Ace 250s is because most folks are really liking them and they are holding onto them. Even at the full retail price, they are great machines with lots of features and worth every cent and you are getting a steal of a deal to get all those features and that quality for that price. Garrett really priced them low and have gained lots of loyal followers as a result. Usually when someone buys a lower end detector from a company and likes that model, their next higher dollar purchase will come from that same company. I think the 250 was a marketing homerun for Garrett which had lagged behind for a while.

I personally like White's, Tesoros and Minelabs but with all the squawk about the 250, I believe I may buy both my young boys one soon. Can't beat the features for the price.

In closing, I would say that if you are patient and keep watching EBAY, you will probably eventually get you a 250 for about 185 and you may be fortunate and pick one up with the larger coil or some added features. If you are thinking about selling yours, I wouldn't expect much interest in a used one when the new ones are so reasonable.

Take Care!

Jim

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes DaCheif is right what you see on Ebay is all new 250 detectors on the buy it now......You don't see to many used ones for once you have one you want to keep it..... I have one and for what i got in the 250 for what i paid for it i will never sell it...........I don't look at buy it now detectors on ebay for they are for the most part dealers if i want a new detector i go to a local dealer ...But if i am in the market to buy a good used detector i will check out Ebay but i will not look at buy it now detectors.......................................................

OP
OP
R

robert roy

DaChief!
Thanks. Your probably right on all accounts.
I might just as well hold on to my Ace for awhile.
I could trade the one I have now for $150 toward another detector. I suspect that is the best I'm going to get. Since I've been useing my MXT more I don't take the Ace out much anymore.

Regards
Robert R

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
You probably won't find too many used ACE units, I think the people that purchased them held on to them, even if they upgrade, because they know it makes a good and light coin shooter and back-up. I upgraded to an Explorer and am definately keeping my ACE. The reason you see so many new ones or listings with no bids is because the market is saturated. The few people who are still buying them (New to MD'ing), are using buy it now for the new units. Everyone and their mom who wanted to get a 250 probably already has one. Basically, the market is flooded with units.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread