Ace 250 pinpointing and other observations

Fleeker

Jan 28, 2007
Hohenwald, Tn.
Detector(s) used
ATPro, GTI 1500, Ace 250 and a ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an ACE250 with all three coils. I have read a lot of commments from people about them having trouble pinpointing. I have never had any trouble at all with pinpointing with any of the coils. I just watch the signal strength meter, and "X" it out, noticing when the bars just start to drop off. I don't go by the sound. The object will be right in the center. You can even tell if it is a coin sized object! The only time this doesn't work well is when the object is close to the top of the ground, then you just raise the coil and repeat the procedure. Works great, especially with the 9X12 coil. And another thing I have found using the ACE is that the depth indication is more accurate in pinpoint than when just scanning as long as it is a coin sized object. If when in pinpoint mode the depth indicates 2 inches and you dig down two inches and it is still sounding off, you can bet it is not a coin. It will be something bigger.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Fleeker,
I to have never had a problem pinpointing. I can use the X technique or the pull back method. Either way you find treasure!

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
Hi,

I had pinpointing problems just in trshy areas, not in normal conditions..Yes, me too I noted depht is much more accurate in pinpointing, but not everytime.

Melvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions