ACE 250 Trial Run - Beats all Previous hunts

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my ACE 250 on Friday and just had to take it for a test drive today. I took it out to a school playground that is also inside of a large city park. Hunted the woodchips and dug a bunch of trash. I was in all metal mode getting use to all of the sounds. It's amazing kids don't get hurt playing. I saved all of my trash and will be taking pictures and sending it to the principal of the school I hunted and the Superintendent of the district. Lots of twisted steel and pieces of heavy gauge wire. Anyway, I got a quarter and a couple of memorials.
Then I went and hunted by 4 of the older trees in the park and pulled out another quarter, a nickel and a few memorials. Also pulled out the two pieces of metal. The twisted one is whats left of a piece of coper pipe, the other a chunk of what looks like melted metal of some kind. Quite heavy for it's size. Also dug the Skull and Cross bone earing at the tot lot. The other silver doo-dad I'm not sure what it is. Quite heavy for its size, but has no markings. I also got my second dog tag of the year and my first key. All in all, I loved the way the 250 performed. I just have to get used to what aluminum looks like when I hit it.

HH
Neal

Attachments

• April 28th Treasures 002 Small.jpg
    April 28th Treasures 002 Small.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks like you and that ace are going to get along fine ! congrats on your finds

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did great with it in all metal mode. My Ace 250 about drove me crazy in all metal mode. I had to resort to coin mode at first and sensitivity cut back a bit. The Ace 250 is a really good one. You will love it pretty soon!

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
I agree with your desire to let the principal know about what you found in the play area. I try and hit the play areas myself. Not for the money but to find the dangerous things that might be there. Sure wish I could detect glass!! I don't know what good it will do to tell the principal but I would do it in person and take the things that could hurt the kids. Maybe it would get you in to some other places around the school or be able to hunt at different times. If they know you are doing this for the kids, that is a good thing.

Keep up the good work.

Daryl

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
WTG Neal, it's a great machine huh.
I think the twisted metals and wires are from the woodchipper. I usually dig 100 to 200 of these a day out of the play areas along with blobs of brass braze a lot of times I guess from the construction of the play structures.
I am always amazed about all the dangerous implements I find in the play areas. Personally, I would be leary about giving it up to the school admin as you do not know all their history. Maybe they have had problems with MD'ers in the past and they may tell you not to detect on school property.

Good luck!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions