Ace 250

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a problem with the machine, it wasn't picking up any signals so i did every thing possible and still no signals so i sent it to Garrett and they said they couldn't recreate the problem. go figure.

I got it back used it for about 3 total hours and shut it off. The next day I had some spare time and went to a park and turned it on and it went eratic, bouncing from iron to dollar, had to take the head phones off, so i turn it off and back on and still doing it, by the way it won't pick up signals when it's bouncing like that, so i disconnect the coil connector and the bouncing stops because it is not sensing the coil, so i reconnect the coil and the bouncing starts up and it is still bouncing, now i am fuming mad and i want to wrap it around a tree. Any suggestions, this has left a bad taste in my mouth about garrett's products, and You're right, not every Garrett product is bad, but come on i spent $233.00 on this thing. Hell i had my bounty hunter for about 10 years and no problem. What the more money you spend the more problems you buy. I have a call into Garrett and i have to call them back, I am just trying to get other solutions so i can avoid the problem in the future, by the way how do i take the coil cover off a PROformance coil if there is one.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 250 would go crazy, making all kinds of sounds, and then would go quiet and not detect anything. I would leave it off overnight and it would work fine the next day. It would last one or two hunts and go crazy again. I sent it to Garrett, and they replaced the coil. It's been working perfect for over a year now. Did you put a coil cover on it? If you didn't, then theres nothing you can take apart. If you mean your having trouble getting it off, Iv'e never taken one off, so cant help.

OP
OP
gunntekk1

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok thanx i guess i don't have 1

Top Member Reactions