Ace 250

W

Westie Lover

Hello All,

This is our first post having just registered. Been reading your posts for several days and love to read all about all of your fabulous finds. My husband and I are new to MDing and would like to ask you experts about the Ace 250. I noticed that several of you use this machine. Question: Can it be used at the beach? We went to a local store today and looked at this detector. It is very impressive. Please give me your evaluations.

Thanks so much.

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i will let you know in two weeks! i will be on vacation then and plan on using it on the beach in ocean city md. if i had to guess i would say it will excel at the beach! i absolutely love mine,and have found it to be very versatile and sensitive. its pretty unbelievable that this little machine can be as good as it is for the $$. if i didn't have one i wouldn't believe it myself!

P

Pooley

I currently swing an ACE 250 and couldnt be happier with this machine. I have found coins at over 8" with it. Very easy machine to use. I use mine exclusively for coin shooting so I have not had a chance on relic hunting with it and have yet to carry it to a salt water beach (have used it on fresh water beaches and it works just great) For $200 you cant beat it, its an all around good machine and if you lose interest in this great hobby then you will only be out $200.

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
I'm just getting used to mine and every time I use it I learn more about weeding out the trash. I took it to a sand playground and thats where I really learned. Just came in from a 1/2hr. tour of the yard. 2 holes, 2q., 1 p. AND NO TRASH. Now that I know this 250 I dont think that I need a pinpointer.

T

T-Rex

Mine worked great in the dry sand but not so great in the wet and surf... lots of false readings no matter how much I tinkered with it...

It's still a great MD and worth every cent... you will not be disaapointed, for the money it can't be beat...

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used my ACE250 since I got it in March, and have used it at just about every type of site you could want to hunt, woods, yards, schools, sandy playgrounds, wood chip playgrounds, and fresh and saltwater beaches ans swimming holes). The only place I have had trouble with it was when hunting in wet salt sand below the high tide line at salt water beaches. The salt in the wet sand causes false signals with metal detectors, except detectors specifically deisgned for salt conditions (EXPENSIVE). Now, with that said, you can use the ACE250 in wet salt sand. Set the sensitivity a little lower than normal, and hunt in coin or jewelry mode, which should help to cut down on the false signals. You can also learn to tell the difference between most flase signals and good solid hits, as most false signals will be brief, inconsitent, non-repeating chirps. Ignore those, and dig the solid signals that repeat as you pass the coil over the target a few times.

I love the ACE250, and for $200.00, I think you'll be pleased with it. Good luck with whatever detector you choose!!

T

tank

i agree 100% with treasure kidd! tune back sensitivity and works fine have 18 days straight with great sucess in s.fla beaches. excal is still my hero though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions