Ace 300 arrived today. Assembled, and ready to surprise my 10 YO son this weekend!

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ace arrived a couple of hours ago. Nice packing, Garrett! Assembled and then surprised when testing the springiness of the buttons. Hit the power button, and the MD came to life! Didn't realize that Garrett ships with new batteries INSTALLED! Awesome. MD tested and working beautifully.
So...it's off from our permanent home on the Space Coast on Saturday, back to Eglin Air Force Base, 493.5 miles away door to door, to my family. My son will be thrilled when I present him with his first "REAL" detector, vs the ultra-cheapo we bought him for Xmas to see if he'd get the bug...he did!

Virgin, potential clad and silver coin fields of a very recently demolished housing area right behind our house on base, and we'll be hunting this weekend! (Demolished military family housing that had been built between 1958-1962) Results to follow! Really looking forward to quality father-son time away from his electronic gaming systems in the house...my son with his new Ace 300 and Dad with the GTI 2500! (New Garrett Carrot as well!)

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He will be one happy young man... Congrats to you and him also

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fingers crossed that he pulls enough good targets to keep him interested. Looking forward to seeing some of his finds.

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By the way, I am assuming you are military, and if so THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE :notworthy:

OP
OP
SittingElf

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, I am assuming you are military, and if so THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE :notworthy:
Me = Ex Army Officer
Wife = Active Duty Air Force Colonel
Son = Just hoping for the best...and not prison! LOL!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your son is going to love it! Smooth move, Dad. And thank you and your wife for your service! :goldmedalred:

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me = Ex Army Officer
Wife = Active Duty Air Force Colonel
Son = Just hoping for the best...and not prison! LOL!

THAT GOES FOR YOUR WIFE ALSO !!!!! Without families like you we would NOT be able to do what we do...

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very good investment on the boy and yourself. nothing like a little friendly family competition to make stronger bonds and take him to the next level. hope to see some pics of him and you with finds etc.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a cool gift of the Ace 300 to your son. A Great detector. Best of Lu k to Father and Son on their upcoming hunt. As said, we appreciate yours and your wife's Service from a former Devildog.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teach him about researching a site so that he is not disappointed. Take him to a non high trash area so he doesn’t get frustrated.

What an awesome Dad you are.

Congratulations!

Cheers

1EDFCC39-286C-4654-BB12-C1BE855EFFCE.jpeg

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have to sell the video games if these spots are productive.Outdoors with family equals AWESOME.Thank you,your Wife and family for their service.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
They're you go.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread