ace250 finds

Mega

Feb 28, 2005
Virginia
Went out today for a little while and picked up these 2 charms. These were found where a house once stood, i think it was torn down about 6 years ago. The coca cola is a hair bigger than a quarter. Didnt know coca cola when back so far (50th Anniversary= 1936) :o

Unsure of what to think about the Tennessee charm, says 14k gold plated on the back. I know it cant be as old as the date says, anybody have a clue?

Attachments

• charms.JPG
    charms.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0
N

NC Barefoot2

Coke has been around for many years! The company was founded in 1886 (just before my birthday)! That piece might have some miles on it. The other piece, I don't know anything about it either but it sure is a nice token to save. Great hunting!

NC Barefoot2

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds,

I believe those are watch FOB's of some kind, maybe key chain fobs, but definitely not tokens!

The Tenn. State seal is an old one! What leads me to believe they're watch fob's is, people didn't use key chains in the fashion we do now, and have for the past 40 yrs or so.. Those pieces are from a time 'before' everyone carried key chains as we do now.

I'd be re-checking THAT place!

HH

Lonewolfe

Steeler Fan

Apr 3, 2005
Coke memorabelia (sp?)has a huge collector following. That coke item might have some value. Check out EBAY or the web to see what it might be worth.

Good luck!

Steeler Fan

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice fobs, key chains, etc...
Anything with coke on it's good, but they would have to give me more than the $13 dollar bid they have on the one on ebay, to make me get rid of it..
WTG!!!

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Great finds Mega, thats the TN state seal, I would think the date would be when the seal was adopted.cool finds. Are you in TN?HH

OP
OP
Mega

Mega

Feb 28, 2005
Virginia
WOW had to hunt down the tread, this place has some mad traffic :D
Found them in VA> Jarman

Fobs they are. Or at least for the Tennessee State seal, found this beauty on the net. This one sold for $110.00> fob and chain

Attachments

• fob&chain2.JPG
    fob&chain2.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 236
A

another _novice

I have a suggestion about the date.

I know that in Canada, the provinces at various times, controlled the importation of certain metals. Older metal was grandfathered in. So sometimes things were backdated when they were made.

Could that be the case here?

Mega said:
Went out today for a little while and picked up these 2 charms. These were found where a house once stood, i think it was torn down about 6 years ago. The coca cola is a hair bigger than a quarter. Didnt know coca cola when back so far (50th Anniversary= 1936)? :o

Unsure of what to think about the Tennessee charm, says 14k gold plated on the back. I know it cant be as old as the date says, anybody have a clue?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread