Addictive

Bob-E-Pin

Dec 31, 2012
El Paso Texas/Las Cruces New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro. and AT Gold, Nox 800,Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, been active in other forums for awhile, but I found my first point since childhood the other day. Well, at least 3/4 of one. Anyway, I am now obsessed with finding more. I live in El Paso Texas and have lots of Native history around here. Any advice on where to look for points?

Upvote 0

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google native american artifacts, texas. You'll find all kinds of info all over the place e.g books, reports, sites, etc. There is lots of info in this website too. Also check out the arrowheadology.com website. There are MANY texans who post on that site daily.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe in that area most folks hunt sites out in the desert. If I was you I would try to find some property in New Mexico to hunt and stay in the US.

OP
OP
Bob-E-Pin

Bob-E-Pin

Dec 31, 2012
El Paso Texas/Las Cruces New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro. and AT Gold, Nox 800,Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's all desert here so that narrows it down. Lol. My grandfather used to take us point hunting as kids but the knowledge of those spots is long gone as is he. I know of an old Ysleta Tigua pottery dump and have seen many rock flaking piles. I guess I will start there, I am hoping to find a spot not hunted though and come across some good finds. Thanks for the input and I'll keep you posted.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the panhandle of Tx. I hunted a lot and what I looked for was just a small rise , bump or what looks like a small ridge line. Look around spots like that and when it comes a strong wind and blows the sand around , go back and look at that spot again. Pull up your area on google earth and look for old water drains. Good luck.:thumbsup:

dougachim

Jan 30, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are places all over. Texas made some new laws concerning looking near waterways and now the whole desert is considered a waterway so be careful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread