jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I don't know what all Encompeses the Adirindacks.

FRANKLIN COUNTY : Moses Follensby, Hid $400,000 in Gold coins & paper Money on his Property.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Near Fllonsb's road near Tupper Lake.

St. Lawrence County: an Island on the ST. LAWRENCE RIVER called Isle of Royal a FRENCH COMMANDER
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? of the Fort there Buried Between 10,000 & $100,000 Dollars In Treasure in 1760? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?before their surrender to the British.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? A british Pay Master who Defected durring the Revolution hid $150,000.00 in Gold Coins at the North Tip of LAKE COLTON Near COLDON

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?TREASURE ISLAND is where Lord Amhurst Buried $100,000.00 During the REVOLUTION.

This is ALL I HAVE on that GENERAL area.
Go to the LIBRARY & HISTORICAL SOCIETY & RESEARCH THESE Fruther.

WHAT COUNTY ? : ROBERT GORDON area Merchant & British Sympathizer hid $75,000.00 in gold Before Hedding to Canada. Somewhere In Whitehall. his Trading Post was on the West Bank of WoodCreek.
Back then The area was Known as GORDON'S LAND.
His trading Post was Housed in a LARGE RED BARN.
He Lived Above it In the LOFT.
The "RED BARN" was a Gathering Place for Local Buisnessmen, Traders & Friendly Indians.
Gordon Outwardly Proffessed Allegience to The BRITISH CROWN during the Revolution.
he served as a scout and advisor for british troops, under BURGOYNE.
He only Accepted GOLD in Payment.
BEFORE LEAVING he Pulled out an Old Wooden Trunk.
counted his gold.
put it in the trunk.
secured it with a metal hasp.
knowing he had no room for it,
he decided to hide it nearby.
he went to a marshy area near the mouth of poultney creek,
locally known as the harbor.
he hid it deep in the marsh.
HE NEVER RETURNED

GOOD LUCK
? ? Jeff

OP
OP
T

Trajian

Aug 20, 2005
Jeff,

Thanks for the tips , I have been doing a lot of research, will add these in. I will check out the nes I can and let you know.

Thanks again

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm....St. Lawrence county is near me and I know a few people who inhabit the islands during the summer....might be fun to research that. As far as the Adirondacks goes good luck. Most of it is State owned Parks and any kind of digging is illegal I believe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread