OP
OP
A

Ardhrandir

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@doc-d: Aye, those will be the biggest risks indeed. We will take the necessary precautions to protect ourselves, but we don't want to come off as overly militant, which might turn otherwise neutral people hostile. For example tribal people or people in similar cases that just want to protect themselves and their way of life. We'll be walking a fine line indeed. We're already mapping the risks in the meantime and looking for ways to protect ourselves that are more subtle but not less efficient.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Another warning to take heed on,large amounts of found money,treasure,does indeed change people.Treasure of sierra madre wasnt to far off with the Fred C. Dobbs character.Pick your members very wisely.

OP
OP
A

Ardhrandir

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@twiasp: I'd rather not have you compare me to South Park characters, if you're trying to be civil. Don't mistake my intention for being some kind of lovey dovey teenage road trip ending like it did for McCandless, because of a lack of preparation.
What you propose is unacceptable for me, because I don't plan to slave away a whole year just for a one month "vacation". What we have intended is NOT going to be a "vacation", I can't stress that too much. I wouldn't want to work for 11 years and in the end only having done for 1 year that what I really want to get out of life. I'd rather use my engineering degree for personal use or as a backup when I won't be able to go on with what I want to do. I'd rather not live with the regret, thank you very much. Don't think I haven't thought this over as an alternative, but after long years of thinking your proposition isn't going to cut it as one.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the picture must have offended you along with the rest of the entire post of advice, as this was not my intention, it seems you opted to have a mod delete the post since it didn't appease you. With your thick skin and dedication to this trip i am sure you will go on the adventure you so crave. Good Luck and HH.

OP
OP
A

Ardhrandir

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@twiasp: I haven't reported your post to a mod so I don't know why it got deleted. I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and you had every right to post what you did. That doesn't mean that I have to agree with it. My apologies if my reply seemed like a stern rebuke, but it wasn't meant that way. I just wanted to get the point across that I'm serious about my intentions and that I can't be dissuaded. This misunderstanding is one of the flaws of just conversing with text. Without the tone of voice and body language it's easy to misinterpret the way someone comes over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread