After 25 years, Im finally seeking outside help with this one.

OP
OP
Stroover

Stroover

Mar 28, 2006
Canadian East Coast
Re: After 25 years, I'm finally seeking outside help with this one.

Nope, rock didn't fall on us. Didn't fall, period. False alarm, I guess. We're about to move on to the sunken wrecks in a couple of weeks, so this particular site will be put on hold for a while, at which point we'll try to focus on the rock and settlement sites when we come back (mosquitos and black flies are increadibly vicious there this time of year).

M

Martin(Hull)

Oh. Glad you're not dead man lol. I was kind of worried for a second.

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Go north 1505 feet.

-CC

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The foto with details 'death-trap*3 posted on May29th, is a colapsed trap. I have seen a similar falling. Look to where you took the foto from, for small parts of broken rock, if there are any, so far away, definately it is colapsed trap.
Digman.

OP
OP
Stroover

Stroover

Mar 28, 2006
Canadian East Coast

digman said:
The foto with details 'death-trap*3 posted on May29th, is a colapsed trap. I have seen a similar falling. Look to where you took the foto from, for small parts of broken rock, if there are any, so far away, definately it is colapsed trap.
Digman.

Yeah, that was my impression as well. Somebody made it fall already, it fell on somebody, or it fell by itself. Either way, I think we're too late.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Stroover said:
digman said:
Digman.

Yeah, that was my impression as well. Somebody made it fall already, it fell on somebody, or it fell by itself. Either way, I think we're too late.

If it fell on somebody, and was not dug out, whatever was there, is still there. Don't think it is too late.

Mike

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005

this never fell it was made this way

mole one

Jan 19, 2007

that 1505- Could it be the elevation of the rock?

kldrawdy

Jun 15, 2006
Arlington, TN

I have been following this post and no one has mentioned this but the "1" in the 1501 doesn't look like a one to me, it looks like a cross. Now, I know nothing at all about this subject except it's fascinating. Just my 2 cents worth and probably not worth that much. ;D

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In case no one noticed this post was basically dead. Now that we have disturbed it.... "Nord" is german for ''north''. ''AU'', to me, is mostly likely a conveniently shortened slang version for ''aus'' which means ''from'' not ''to the''. Ich bin aus den Vereinigten Staaten. I am from the United States. "ne: is a shortened version of "eine" which is the feminine article for "the" as in "ne kleide maedchen" or "eine kleide maedchen" or "a small girl".

1822 May 3rd from the north 1505.

======
317 degrees. If this is right I get half of what you find. ;) Maybe google earth could point you at 317 degrees if you stand at the point and look north and go 1505 paces. If this rock is near a point, then, maybe there was ship trouble at the time and a caching was necessary. Just a guess.

Laater...

p.s hey this is fun!

OP
OP
Stroover

Stroover

Mar 28, 2006
Canadian East Coast

Well Kegs, and anybody else interested: We're planning another run there in the spring (you guessed it, on May 3rd again). Can't go this time of year for the ice, can't go in the heat of summer for the mosquitos, can't go in the fall because of the migratory game birds hanging out there. Spring is the best time to go, and coincidently is when the date on the rock is. We're going to look for another marker on the other end of the point, as pretty much anyway you try to decipher the message, north has something to do with it, and north takes you to the other end, where there is a bay/inlet. Tough dealing with that part of the island, though, for the jagged cliffs and what not.
If you get the feeling this post is dead, it's not. It's just hibernating for the winter. :P We're putting a little more focus on Jean Laffite, his memoirs in particular (french version). It has lots of interesting "between the lines" notes that have striking similarities to our site...

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good thing it itsn't dead. As I wrote before it will be interesting to see what comes of this. It would be exciting to read about the recovery of hoard. GL on the endeavour.

Laater...

P.s. I still get half just for replying...even if I am wrong ;)

Laater...again

nicademusx

Greenie
Feb 9, 2008
ohio

I'd like to know how this expedition is going.

something that noone else has said, the military frequently uses the year before the month and day. could a prefect from a french or spanish militia have had a hand in this? if so, would that help with the 1505?

just my .02 cents

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

the european method of writing at that time was often ---- year first then month then day -- in the year of our lord 1822 , May 3rd -- 1.505 KM away -- (you say the was a building about 1.5 KM away?) ding ding ding!!! hot dog we have a weiner!!!! --- however since its a naval area it could also mean that if they were explorers -- that they went 15 degrees and 05 min distance wize from there (or to 15 degrees 05 min long / latitude) sea charts are noted like this 15 degrees 05 min 0 sec (north or south ) by 15 degrees 05 min 0 sec (east or west) --- thus 1505 would be 15 degrees and 5 min (north ,south , east or west ) could be a distace marker to where they came from or where they went to -- or a site location .--if a site location --- 15 05 N would be at honduras --- 15 05 S would be at brazil-- both areas were spanish / portuguese treasure port locations in the past.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark

Hey Guys,
I don't know if this is significant, but it's interesting to note that Au is the symbol for the element-GOLD on the Periodic Chart in Chemistry.
Aquanut

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

french properly translated -- 1822 ,mai= (may) 3, au (with or gold ) nord (north) 1505 --- "au" in french means "with" as in potatos au gratin---- " potatoes with cheese" ----of course AU also means gold in the element table -- so here goes --- May 3rd 1822 GOLD north 1505 or May 3rd ,1822 with north 1505 --meaning they went north with or what they were "refering to" --whomever/whateverwas 1505 meters to the north --- could be 1,505 meters or 150.5 meters -- 0r 15.05 meters---- see what things of interest are at those distances.--- bon chance. --- you say there are the buildings about 1.5 KM away well 1505 meters would equal 1.505 KM --- very close indeed ----. .005 of a KM ( a KM is 1000 M --or meters ) so those buildings if they are 1.5 km away to the north---- they might be linked to the marks --- its highly possible. that they were measuring the distance or surveying the area . and that they were using the buildings as a referance point.--- ie we are so far from those buildings.

OP
OP
Stroover

Stroover

Mar 28, 2006
Canadian East Coast

Hey guys! I've been away from the site for awhile: letting the heat die down a little. Patiance is a virtue, right? Ivan, to the north of the rock is a bay in the sea. The distance between the rock and the sea varies with the tide: at high tide, it's maybe 30 feet. At low tide, closer to 300 feet. If I make a straight line north from the rock in Google Earth, accross the bay, is an old French village that has been around since pre-deportation of the Acadians. I'm suspecting the answer could be somewhere in this village. Jean Lafitte has not been ruled out of the equation, however, and in fact I think he is still responsible. I'll be doing the tourist thing this summer in that village, snooping around and looking for clues. I've come accross a legend of the bell of the church where the deportation of the acadians took place had been taken away by Beausoleil Broussard and his merry men, as it were, to prevent the Brittish from utterly crushing the Acadian idealogy forever, and may be burried/hidden somewhere according to the rock's cypher, so I'm investigating that possibility now. If this bell were to be recovered, it would be considered a national treasure by all Acadians.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

mon du -- a cajun village-- and a french pirate *who raided spanish vessels - I know that the jean lafitte (the pirate) assisted us forces , in the battle of new orleans and that his old headquarters was in the swamps of louisana (where cajun folks abound -- thus many of his pirate crew was most likely cajun "swamp rats" and knowing that a cajun french village is the correct distance from your marker stone -- I think you might have found an answer to your puzzle )-- its the village * its got to do with the village.---ps I was born in new orleans and often went to the old battlefeild site as a kid.--- plus cajuns were often a mix of races ---spanish / french and in some case's black as well.

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dowser 501 " Good Information on Jesuits " Thanks . :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread