after a box of halves...

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
After I got skinned on my first box of halves I went to go pick up my second box. But on the way I passed a gold shop and I said what the heck ill check out what they have. I bought 5 barber dimes for 10$ and I also paid 8$ total for these 2 items.

A set of 1976 bicentennial 40% silver coins

ForumRunner_20130503_141053.png

Also a 1969 proof set

ForumRunner_20130503_141101.png

I paid 3 bucks for the silver set and 5 for the proof set. So anyone know the legit value of these 2 items? I know I did well cause there's silver but idk how well. Haha

Also wish me luck on my 2nd box today!

Upvote 0

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A set of 1976 bicentennial 40% silver coins

View attachment 789528

Also a 1969 proof set

View attachment 789529

I paid 3 bucks for the silver set and 5 for the proof set. So anyone know the legit value of these 2 items? I know I did well cause there's silver but idk how well. Haha

Also wish me luck on my 2nd box today!

I would head over there everyday if that set is actually silver

A 40% half and dollar coin is worth over $11. I was actually not aware of there ever being a 40% quarter that would just add to the total.

Actually 40% quarter in worth today in silver just under $2.

That was a heck of a buy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kilerclown25

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Yepp all 3 coins are uncirculated and 40% silver. Thoes where the only silver that I could find that wasn't priced over spot. :P but I go there every 2 days or even less cause they have awesome deals! On Tuesday I got a roll of merc's for 86$ plus tax

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great deal, I just bought that same set for $22 on Monday. It melts at $12.43 right now, so obviously I thought being an uncirculated set doubled the price... It was an impulse buy but I don't feel any buyers remorse because I like it.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yepp all 3 coins are uncirculated and 40% silver. Thoes where the only silver that I could find that wasn't priced over spot. :P but I go there every 2 days or even less cause they have awesome deals! On Tuesday I got a roll of merc's for 86$ plus tax

Man you are finding some pretty good deals there-

OP
OP
Kilerclown25

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Great deal, I just bought that same set for $22 on Monday. It melts at $12.43 right now, so obviously I thought being an uncirculated set doubled the price... It was an impulse buy but I don't feel any buyers remorse because I like it.

Don't feel bad! I learned that retail on it right now is about 26$ on eBay and Amazon. I just got a great deal on it. And thanks Iamrussel! This store asks some stuff for amazing prices! There just a gold shop so they probably don't care much about the coins themselves

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread