Double Shotgun Rolls - Skunky

jambone

Jan 26, 2013
Skunkington Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During my lunch break, I went to a bank (in an area to which I seldom go) and asked for half dollars. They gave me $12.50 loose, $30 in regular shotgun rolls, and $120 in double shotgun rolls. All of the rolls were old CWR and I was very excited to see them. Drove straight to a park and listened to the radio while going through them. Not a single keeper in the bunch. Combine this with a current 3-box skunk streak and things have not gone very well lately.

There's always next week...

:unhappysmiley:

Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you mean you found $20 MWR? or were they $20 CWR?

OP
OP
jambone

jambone

Jan 26, 2013
Skunkington Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 6 $20 customer-wrapped rolls. They were paper rolls of a tan-ish color, and the paper was old and soft.

stangplane

Jul 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont give yet

Just goes to show that silver doesn't exist in the wild anymore. It's all gone.

no...its not all gone...I just walked into a bank today to get 1000 of halves, and sitting there staring at me were two silver dimes in the tellers tray. I offered two dimes in place of those and she gave them to me.:hello2:

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no its there
its just hard to get
like today I walked in my local wells fargo and I looked at the tellers tray and saw all silver franklins but the teller was out for lunch , ill try and go back tomorrow
hopefully its still there

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
no its there
its just hard to get
like today I walked in my local wells fargo and I looked at the tellers tray and saw all silver franklins but the teller was out for lunch , ill try and go back tomorrow
hopefully its still there

I would have gone right after the teller came back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread