After the Brush Hog Hunt

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Yesterday Mach 1 Pilot hit the area we have been working with a Brush Hog. What a Guy ! This really opened up some area we hadn't been able to detect before because of the high weeds. He called and wanted to know if I could come out and play for a couple hours before dark. I had been to some Minelab Training Monday and was ready to try out some new settings I had learned. I had found a piece of a big Crotal Bell and a thimble, no pics and he got that ring he posted last night. I got a decent signal but when pinpointing the detector would back away from the signal and lock onto some big iron. I dug down about 6 inches and could hear the target in the side of the hole. With the Sunray probe the E-Trac numbers were 12-46 so I called the Pilot over so he could here the signal and try pinpointing. What I was trying to show him is he needs to dig these type of signals that pinpoint away from where you hear the good tone. After both him and his son sweep the hole I carefully finished getting the dirt away and got this 1807 Largie. She's rough from being in the pasture but what a sweet find non the less. We left DeArmitt at home so we stood a chance at something good. No just kidding ;D HH Bob

Attachments

• 1807 015.JPG
    1807 015.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 592
  • 1807 018.JPG
    1807 018.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 587
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I would be stoked to find that...Nice dig....congrats... jgas

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Lottsa times it's these extra little "tricks" that produce the good stuff!

WTG!

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Draped Bust! I've only found 2, a half cent and a no dater. But still my favorite coin. Keep diggin em.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread