Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got to leave work mid-afternoon and was unprepared with clothes to detect in, but went anyway. Had an extra hooded jacket and grabbed a plastic bag to kneel on for extractions to make another stab at Druid Hill Park in Baltimore.

First two good targets were a wheat and a no-date Buff, then it got interesting. Following up on a deep 18 on the Equinox turned up a deep (9 inches) flat button, shown here with the Buff IMG_7066.JPG .

Got a wheat or two and then an Indian; this was the first of two for the hunt; the 1898 came first and then the 1897, but more of that second one later IMG_7058.JPG .

Not far from Indian #1, a high-tone target turned out to be an intact cuff-link IMG_7063.JPG IMG_7064.JPG .

By now the sun had set but I moved on and got a broken high-tone jumping into the 30s but not as high as deep iron and definitely reproducible in both directions. Now most of these targets showed no pinpointer response with plug removed. 3-4 more inches of soil had to removed to find the targets. This one showed up to be silver and some careful soil removal revealed a seated dime, shown here with the second silver, just 6 feet away, a Barber dime IMG_7062.JPG . The second IHC, the 1897, was just about a foot away from the seated. A little more detecting yielded nothing else other than nails but......what a hunt. Total hunt time was about 1.5 hours and goes to show that you never know what will turn up next here and there are still some older silvers and IHCs to be had.

Here the wrap-up at home afterwards,

Last edited:
Upvote 41
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Professor! I got to thinking I should hunt in dress clothes more often :)

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks pa-dirt_nc-sand! With the trash and iron I just had to go slow and wait for some repeatable tones....and, as you see, there were a bunch of keepers.

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver and IHPs!!! You have been killing the silver in December. I can't wait to see what you find when you finally retire. All the city parks will be cleaned out by June. Congrats again. Can't wait to catch up with you for an outing.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks xcopperstax! You know, I really don't know the story behind the name. One hunting buddy just calls it "Droodle".

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks dirtlooter! Last three finds went seated-IHC-Barber; don't think that will happen anytime soon. Nice to get some silver from this park.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Smokey! In its 18th century setting, Colonel Nicholas Rogers must have thought the surrounding wooded hills were prime territory for druids.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks devldog! Just goes to show me that moving into areas I've not hunted much can turn out better than hitting over an over again those older areas that produced in the past.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Trezurehunter! Our club President uses the Equinox 800 and on a recent trip to this same park dug a beautiful trime. From the sound of it he was hunting a spot I had been hitting about a month ago. Somehow i missed that one; maybe I thought it was a nail. :)

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks creskol! Well, I've been going there for four years now and never been hassled, but I appreciate your concern, and yes, I do look over my shoulder and keep an eye on the cars parked along Mansion Drive.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks EdHartzel! Great to be able to detect legally on public property here in Baltimore.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Locke! Tomorrow I will try again, this time in the proper gear and likley some waterproof clothing since rain is forecast.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Underminer! This pirate sailed to the right spot that day :)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy moly your killin it my friend I need one of those hunts!!!!! Happy Holidays to you and yours Tommy

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks much, Tommy! Got back today and managed an 1882 and 1874 IHC, plus a '43P was nickel, so the finds keep coming. First day of winter here and temps were in the low 60s.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow wow wow! Awesome finds! Congrats! :icon_thumleft: I'm very jealous of the seated! I want one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread