Afternoon Hunt At The Local Ball Park

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
:rolleyes:Didn't have any good historical home sites to hunt today, but wanted to get out and swing the Safari. Hit one of the local ball parks up for a little afternoon hunt. Half the ground was still froze from our recent 20 year record low temps that lasted several days. The other half the ground had already thawed and was pretty wet. Anyway, neither was gonna stop me from enjoying a little huntin'.
No rings or other jewelry. Did score some clad and other odds and ends. Lots of pull tabs and bottle caps :cussing: as would be expected at a site like this. Most importantly, I got some fresh air, and some needed practice and learning on the Safari (haven't had it but several weeks).

Attachments

• todays hunt.jpg
    todays hunt.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Upvote 5

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Getting out and enjoying the day was the todays find, I wish I could had got out today. your getting better with the Safari and hopefully soon I will have you and your coil over some more 1700-1800 coins and relics.
I really enjoy seeing you getting serious in this hobby my Brother and I know it won't be long that you will be a regular to this forum.

OP
OP
Lifes A Garden...Dig IT
Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Yes it was. I need to return to work some day though :laughing7:. I do appreciate and enjoy our hunts together and your advice and the fact you have a knack for finding some good historical hunting grounds. I told Charlene I'm figuring this machine out little by little, and the Garrett Pro Pointer is a magic wand. LOL

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work, I'd say your doing just fine with that machine.

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The safari is pretty easy to learn, I've got one and it's a great machine, your going to like that machine you will find a lot of great things w/ it!

OP
OP
Lifes A Garden...Dig IT
Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Good work, I'd say your doing just fine with that machine.

Thanks Treble, I pulled a thumb tack at 4" deep. LOL. Makes me feel like I'm honing in on targets pretty well with something that small in the ground.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its a older park alot of times modern junk like that will mask the older coins. The older stuff will be deeper in the ground with all that above it. Mds will get confused easy. Just be sure to go over your hole a second time after you retrieve your target.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Even though you didn't find anything of much value it's still great to get out and enjoy the milder temps today and learn your machine better.

OP
OP
Lifes A Garden...Dig IT
Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
If its a older park alot of times modern junk like that will mask the older coins. The older stuff will be deeper in the ground with all that above it. Mds will get confused easy. Just be sure to go over your hole a second time after you retrieve your target.

Thanks Helix. I wish it was an older park, but unfortunately I think it was from probably around the late 60's I'm guessing. It's more of a small Baseball Field with tot lot, picnic area, and pavilions to sit under. Never know what the land's history was prior to the park though ???. Also, over the years there used to be big field parties with live bands playing, and a lot of intoxicated patrons :occasion14: that was dropping pocket change and possibly a bit of lost jewelry? I must confess I was one of those patrons on more than one occasion :laughing7:. Who knows maybe I'll find something of my own from the 1988-1990 era when we were rocking out to the tribute bands of the rock and hair bands of times passed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread