Silver Victorian Brooch and other finds

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have not had a chance to do any detecting up north in my neck of the woods due to the snow and frozen ground. This week I am in southern Indiana visiting relatives and definitely going to spend sometime detecting before I have to head back home. Anyway theses are todays finds. 031.JPG 032.JPG Better finds were a 1968 Canada dime. Some type of small pin or button depicting a Native American, thought was gold at first. Older button and bullet. A 1906 V nickel and the thing on the left I believe is some type of Victorian hat pin?? My favorite find of the day is the silver brooch. 033.JPG 034.JPG 035.JPG I will be going out metal detecting again this weekend so I should have more post in the next few days.

Upvote 5

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a great day!! I think that silver pin is more likely a newer Mexican filigree piece, does it have any markings??

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No hallmarks from what I can tell. 004.JPG One thing I can say is the site I am hunting was a picnic area in the late 1800's early 1900's. Then the site was no longer used. I have made many nice finds over the years at this site. One of those great spot were 95% of all my finds were from that time period trash and all. No pull tabs, no modern trash. Good as it gets! So I guess what I am getting at is my gut is saying its from that time period.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet old brooch and Indian button Helix. :thumbsup: Can't wait to head up home to Northern Indiana to hunt come spring.
Congrats to you,
MM

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt. Congrats on the relics and V nickel. :thumbsup: Neat flower pin and I think your item on the left is a hat pin. Cool find!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread