Ah, just look at the happy couple

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
After a morning spent doing a dry run on the taxes, I rewarded myself with a little over an hour at the silver farm. As is usually the case there, I didn't go home empty-handed :wink:. My first two coins were actually wheats sharing the same hole, a 34 and 44D. Later on, I added a 37 to their company. After five Memorial pennies, I started to migrate a little. There are still small areas that I haven't searched, and larger areas that are really unsearchable, so I went to an area that I didn't have a mental picture of. I've been at the farm better than a year and a half, and I can still picture myself, and some of the atmosphere, when I originally hunted a particular area. I wasn't having that sense in the area I moved to and I quickly discovered why: Before too long, I had a pair of Roseys in my pocket. Introducing the 54 Roseys, one D and one S; I wouldn't be surprised if the S will fill a spot in one of the kids' albums.
Mrs. halfdime and I met another couple for dinner; once upon a time, we saw each other all the time, but we've moved, have kids, etc. It was like old times, laughing, gently making fun of each other, you know, comfortable. Then I thought to ask about the old train station they'd bought in the town where they live. I was just curious about their plans for it; they bought it with three other couples to make a community center, and have commitments from architects and grants to restore it. This is a major commitment for them, and they told me about the skeleton key they found outside. Then the husband mentioned that I should bring my detector down; after all, there's about an acre of property and the building doesn't use it all. There is a decent sized patch of grass around the building, which dates to 1894. Well, we all know if that hasn't been searched there will be some excellent finds. Guess where halfdime's heading tomorrow? ;D

Attachments

• rosey54s (Small).jpg
    rosey54s (Small).jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 963
Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Congrats on the silver, and I can't wait to see your post tomorrow night about the hunt at the train station property!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver. I can't wait to see what ya come up with tommorrow.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with the Station - you be the Station Master.... er Mistress

S

seger98

Good luck today then at the new site, nice silver yesterday! :thumbsup:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice story and finds, HD. I bet when the guy told you to bring your detector down your eye's really lite up :D

kibitzr

Dec 18, 2007
Niles,Mich
Detector(s) used
Expl SE, Excalibur ll, E-Trac, Whites V3
Wtg on the silver , I bet you make some fantastic finds at the Depot. good luck & HH :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
John

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Thanks for all the encouraging replies about the station. I went down this morning, found a very small patch of detectable ground and started in. All the signals were shallow, and there is gravel just below the surface. There is a lot of brick driveway on the property that will probably need to be replaced; when the time comes, I'll be there! Inside, there is apparently some dirt floor that I'll attack, whenever the chance arises.

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great hunt.

Attachments

• 161.gif
    161.gif
    59.6 KB · Views: 516
  • 161.gif
    161.gif
    59.6 KB · Views: 510

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Henry,
The titles of your post always make me chuckle. Especially after trying to guess what I will see and then seeing it. :D

Good deal on the happy couple - I think the relationship will work out. :thumbsup:

Bob

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nice looking "Couple", Henry, at your Silver Farm!! :thumbsup:

When I can't figure out where I want to go detecting on a given day, I just end up at the park that has given me the most silver, and I usually find some more.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Captn_SE said:
Nice looking "Couple", Henry, at your Silver Farm!! :thumbsup:

When I can't figure out where I want to go detecting on a given day, I just end up at the park that has given me the most silver, and I usually find some more.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
It's nice to have a place "to fall back on." I don't mind the silver, obviously, but I'd prefer to put the time and effort in at our 1800's foundation. That's where I want to find some silver!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always fun to read about someone finding silver HD. :thumbsup:
Enjoyed your post and keep us posted when you get the
chance to detect that 1800's foundation. Should be some good finds there.
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread