Ahh What People will gave away free on Craigslist

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
So I am like alot of you on this forum. Always looking for good deals, recovering history, and making some money. Well today, I got a GREAT deal and plan to make some money. I was surfing my local Craigslist earlier and came across an ad for a free push lawn mower and a free 20 inch tv. Well after getting in contact, the person offered to bring it over to my house for me. This gets better. He shows up, and guess what! I got a free table saw from him about 5 months ago from a Craigslist listing, delivered to my house. And to make it better, he is my current 9th Grade Science Teacher! What a day. (I am passing his class btw). He said "So do you make alot of money doing this?" I said yep, I do, (pointing to the 6FT tall Pepsi Machine in my Driveway thats gutted to the frame) I got that for $35 delivered to my house last week via Craigslist. I just sold the coin mech for $75 on eBay". I went rambling about my metal detecting and such, well a hand shake and a goodbye and he left.

So anyway I got the lawn mower, cleaned the carb., airfiler, oiled it, and boom, it started on the first pull. It has some surface rust and the handle is a little wobbly but still usable and ready to go. I put it back up on Craigslist with a 50 dollar price tag or make an offer. As for the TV, i've got it up for $15 on Craiglist, and if it dosent sell I may just keep it in the garage. Any good finds lately for you guys?

Upvote 1

jrandy

Jan 13, 2010
San Angelo TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GPT 1350, Predator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We look on freecycle @ yahoogroups. About the same thing I guess.

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got a older radial arm saw given to me and i was going to selll it for scrap since it was all steel. so before i hauled it off to the junk yard i got online to see if there was anything special about this model. turns out there was a recall on the unit because of a faulty shield on the saw. i called them up with the model # and they said yes that saw does qualify. they sent me a box to return the saw motor. they covered the shipping and will send me 100. dollars. i'll take it and scrap the rest.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MrSchultz, you are in 9th grade??

It's nice that you have access to Internet as an avenue to create some extra income and enjoy the thrill of the hunt as well. I didn't have that when I was a kid so I spent a good deal of time on fist fights. Im glad I grew up without Internet but I wish I would have started buying and selling at your age.

Keep it up and watch who you brag about your fishing holes to.

Good goin

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
i got a older radial arm saw given to me and i was going to selll it for scrap since it was all steel. so before i hauled it off to the junk yard i got online to see if there was anything special about this model. turns out there was a recall on the unit because of a faulty shield on the saw. i called them up with the model # and they said yes that saw does qualify. they sent me a box to return the saw motor. they covered the shipping and will send me 100. dollars. i'll take it and scrap the rest.

That is epic. What a deal!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread