Airforce Military Challenge coin + A really Toasted wheat! :)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys! Today was a great day with JuJu! I finally got done with most of my hw for this week, so I could go metal detecting! :) This put a big smile on my face since I havn't been in over 2 weeks. The first week I came down with a cold and the second week, I had so much homework, it was comming out of my ears!!! :o

I got to JuJu's house at 8:00am and we decided to hit a park, which we've had lots of success with! Fast forward an hour or so later. I got a signal that rang up like a big fat quarter and out popped an Airforce military challenge coin!!!! :) I was so happy! At the time I did not know what I had until JuJu told me that they only give them out to people in the military! :thumbsup:

I am definatly going to put the Airforce Military challenge coin in its own special coin case! :) After that Park, we headed into town to go to a local shop where JuJu said they had some Coca Cola Bottles for sale. I bought two of them that were both from Washington State. Once we were done with that we headed to the next field! :) This one did not produce much, but in the beginning of the hunt I got a pocket spill which included a 1974 half dollar, a quarter, and a regular penny! :) JuJu ended up with nothing good from that field.

We then hit two more fields and had no luck at either of them. The next field we hit was amazing! I got a 1947 wheatie from the field that looked like it had been through a fire! JuJu's find was really amazing! ;D I will let him tell his story of his find, so I don't spoil it for you guys! :)

Well, I had a great day with JuJu and I hope everyone got out to hunt on this beautifull saturday! :)

Here are the pictures! :)

february28thshunt002.jpg

february28thshunt003.jpg

february28thshunt001.jpg

Upvote 0
WTG. That challenge coin is awesome. Can't wait to hit that last field again.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Wow...supper finds there DF. Like the AF Challenge coin...that is a special find.

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 622
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 647
Very nice finds. congrats....

I really like your military challenge coin, DF.

Congrats!! Go find a barber, man!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH,

CAPTN SE
Dan

Congrats. That is a really nice medal. How's the weather up there.
Dman

Great finds bud!!! I have a few Challenge Coins from the bases that I was stationed at and a few from the companies that I was in. Too bad some Airman lost his, now he is gonna have to buy drinks if anybody challenges him... ;D

Great coin!
I didn't know any thing about a "Challenge Coins" till just now.
Last year I found something like it that may be just that, a challenge Coin.
Cool find and thanks for the post now I know what I have too.

DN

That's awesome i wouldn't mind finding something Air Force, I just signed with the Air Force and i leave for Boot Camp April 28th

Very Nice DF! Ya'll must have good weather out there huh? Good to hear because it will be coming this way in a day or so. Lots of snow here reminds me of Michigan..... :'( Stick with that last field eh?

Congrats on the coin. Whoever lost it is going to owe alot of cool ones when he is challenged by friends. If a friend whips a coin out, and he can't show his, he has to buy. Anyway, have a great time in the AF. I was in 11 yrs active, now am a civilian fireman at Seymour Johnson AFB. Good luck and enjoy!

49er said:
Wow...supper finds there DF.

"Supper" finds? Great find there but is it really edible?

Just messing with ya :tard:

I love the challenge coin...still have mine from the Marine Corps :thumbsup:

Here is the one I found last year.
Is it a Challenge coin?

Thanks in advance,

DN

Attachments

• front  or back.JPG
    front or back.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 250
  • bark or front.JPG
    bark or front.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 249
yup thats a challenge coin for sure. I have many from my brothers many deployments. I also have a few from soldiers I have tattooed.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back