Al Gore says global warming is causing this frigid winter

Is it small wonder that ALBORE is at least half owner in the exchange that will buy and sell all the energy credits ? Do you think he is doing all this for the public good ? He has no other way of making money . He didn't go to law school like so many other politicos . He even failed at the Seminary . Imagine that ... flunking GOD 101 . Have you ever seen this guys house ? Find a picture and follow the money . It can be found right here on the very internet that he himself invented .

Sounds like the World is Flat Society is alive and well.

We burn over 85,000,000 barrels of oil each and every day. To think that has no effect on our little planet is just astonishing. :icon_sunny:

There is a great deal of truth that any measure of global warming will cause noticeable changes in the upper atmosphere and jet streams, which in turn will likewise cause abnormal weather patterns to exist for extended periods of time. What is hotly debated is whether this current condition is being caused by human influences on the environment or if these warming trends are, and have always been, routine global events. What is clouding the issue even further is all the special interest who are actively lobbying very hard on behalf of their current and future interest. I could easily write a long list of major U.S. concerns that never came to fruition in just the last thirty years and for every one of those major concerns I could write a much longer list of companies and individuals who got filthy rich off of each one of them, and an equally long list of those who went broke. Is this current global warming trend a real major concern or not? Depends a great deal on which experts you ask but I think I'll trust those who have no current or future invested interest in the issue. :dontknow:

First, let me apologize for posting to this thread. It's obviously more of a rant, and I will gladly leave it to those who think it provides some proof of something.

I *thought* this was a rhetorical question that could have some sort of discussion. That's what scientists do. Discuss.

Enjoy your rant.

Tuberale said:
First, let me apologize for posting to this thread. It's obviously more of a rant, and I will gladly leave it to those who think it provides some proof of something.

I *thought* this was a rhetorical question that could have some sort of discussion. That's what scientists do. Discuss.

Enjoy your rant.

Sorry, I don't think disagreeing with the pseudoscience of MMGW is ranting, but I do quite enjoy poking fun at the "inventor of the internet" (I just didn't know he was that old . . . as the internet began as a military communications system back in the 1960's or so). His lack of honesty in the past is why so many questioned his assertions. His apparent greed causes others to question his motives behind those assertions. So, I decided to go back to your original post to see what I missed.

Tuberale said:
Actually Dave44, I was referring to Janet Lubchenko, who is a oceanographer (and who never claimed to have invented the internet). She has stated the preponderance of evidence points toward global warming.

The best long-term historical data comes from the Greenland ice core data. It documents trapped atmospheric gases in the ice for the past 2 million years +/-. Trapped gases prove the world has warmed significantly. More greenhouse gasses are in our atmosphere now than 2 million years ago. If the Greenland ice sheet melts, world ocean levels will increase by as much as 24 feet. In the past 20 years, the Greenland ice sheet has been melting at accelerated speeds: 40 feet per year or more. Fifty years ago the Greenland ice sheet was growing, not melting. Twenty of the hottest global temperatures ever recorded have happened in the last 40 years. Huge icebergs have been breaking off of Antarctica in the last 15 years. The North polar ice cap was open water 4 years ago: something never before seen. Almost all glaciers world-wide are melting at alarming rates. (Not all, but most.) A polar bear was recently monitored swimming 1400 miles to find an ice flow to hunt seals.

The conclusion again: a _preponderance_ of evidence proves global warming is happening. The majority of world scientists concur.

I don't know much about "trapped gasses" under Greenland. The reading was a bit monotonous to me, so I began to wonder was there any visual evidence to show that the ice sheet was melting. Where would one find photographs that went back to, oh . . . let's say before WWII. Does anyone have a source for aerial photos of that area 70+ years ago?

Ooops! There it is! Google Earth. Thank you for inventing the internet Mr. Algore, and providing us with tools to debunk your assertions and those of your bought and paid for scientists!

Google Earth has "historic imagery" of the entire world. This, believe it or not, includes imagery of Greenland dating back to the 1930's. There are pictures of the "ice sheet", where the area it covers shrinks and grows.

It is called nature and man, puny little human beings, have SQUAT to do with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back