Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you go right by ol cletus' place and make a right at the yard with the broke down pinto and tire swing,you only need to go bout 1/2 a beer to the couch house.park in the refridgerator dump across the street and walk towards the smell of bbq.That lot next to the abandoned semi trailor has been known to give up some amazing relics.

funnin with ya...welcome and may I suggest you look into a club in your area,they can be a wealth of help and info.advice given in post above is also true.I hope there is a member in your area who chimes in,but dont expect anyone to give up sweet spots to anyone....this hobby is half research at least.
good luck and welcome aboard!!!:occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

alabamaninja

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive tried my research and found that the oldest part in albany is downtown. Ive walked the riverbanks numerous time because they use to load ships from there in the late 1700's..but lots of beer and nails have been thrown down since then, oh and not to forget the 100's of car parts ive found.lol

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Many times as you found, the downtown is the old part of town. Digging hundreds of pieces of junk is quite common in those types of areas. It should pay off however, no doubt its frustrating to clean it out, just work it little by little and you should get to some good stuff. If you have a small coil and a good discriminating detector you may be able to get some low hanging fruit, but you gotta go real slow and listen carefully.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread