Garrett Pro-pointer AT review video

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I know there has been a lot of talking and guessing about the new PP-AT. A lot of people are interested but waiting for some real world reviews before spending their money, so help me help you.

I have one on pre-order from Bart at Bigboyshobbies. As soon as it arrives I will be doing a video about it's features, so tell me what you want to know about it. What tests and comparisons to do you want to see?

Knowing now will help me get a game-plan together of what to do with it. So lets hear it!

garrett-pro-pointer-at.jpg

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid, I doubt a video is needed. You've stated everything needed.
Garrett pinpointer + waterproof + Bart. Priceless! ;)
Peace ✌

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing I really want to know is if it starts falseing after a month or so.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know what I dont care about...depth.I have to chuckle everytime I see someone claim a pin pointer is superior because of depth.I already have a detector,it needs to only do the following well
1)proportional audio...the beeping speeds as target is neared
2)the vibration feature is nice,should also show nearing of target.
3)durable,well built and indeed waterproof.
4)dont know if new one has a light,but I like that

long story short...I absolutely love my pro pointer,wouldnt trade it for any...I hope new one is a more durable and waterproof version of the same.

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing I really want to know is if it starts falseing after a month or so.

describe the falsing and what causes it, I will try to recreate it.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jason...while I have never seen it myself the falsin issue seems to be when the tip is put under pressure against the dirt it would sound off.garrett has reportedly already addressed the issue(a coating on wire that may fail).I trust they handled it...well see

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The propointer started after about a month.It falses on contact with soil.Very loose soil not as bad but solid chunky soil touching it with propointer it falses.It really dont take pressure being applied to pinpointer just rubbing in soil is all.In a hole with fine loose soil I can stir the dirt with very little falsing.Lightly rub it on packed soil it falses.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The propointer started after about a month.It falses on contact with soil.Very loose soil not as bad but solid chunky soil touching it with propointer it falses.It really dont take pressure being applied to pinpointer just rubbing in soil is all.In a hole with fine loose soil I can stir the dirt with very little falsing.Lightly rub it on packed soil it falses.

Send it in they will fix it no problem you will get it(fixed) or a new one back in less than 2 weeks.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know what I dont care about...depth.I have to chuckle everytime I see someone claim a pin pointer is superior because of depth.I already have a detector . . .

So true. If you need more than 1-3/4" off the tip of your pinpointer you're not ready to be hand-held pinpointing yet. You didn't finish your main-detector pinpointing! I want to know when I'm close so I don't bugger up a good coin.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check this out too

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have mine pre ordered. 129.99 US 149.99 Canada best prices I have found so far.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Same issue with it falses when it touches the soil which makes it practically impossible to retrieve small finds, anything large no problem than again large items have never been an issue. Here's the thing the company has sold thousands of these pinpointers knowing that there was an issue with the wire shielding, and I'm only saying this as there would been many returns for repair and they continued to sell the item. That been said it seems to be the a common problem with shielded wire in any detecting equipment accessory Greyghost headphones x 2, Sunray inline probe x2, Garrett pinpointer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions